KME Knife sharpening System

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I just got done building a Base for my KME Guided Knife sharpener, I am happy with it :yeah: I also own a Worksharp Ken Onion edition Sharpener (mini belt sander mounted on a Tripod) I like This KME better for Smaller folding knives, The Worksharp is better for larger Knives. I have free hand sharpened my folding hunting knives since i was young Kid, I could always get a Knife good and sharp, but never perfect, I wanted a Setup that kept the edges True on my Knives, This KME does that! My folders are now “Spooky” Sharp :yeah:

vpbTH8W.jpg

Looks like a nice set up. I have been using a Lanskey sharpening set that looks quite a bit the same. How many stones(grits) does the KME use? The Lanskey comes with a 3 or 5 stone set or a diamond set. I chose the 3 stone set as I really couldn't justify a 5 and I personally would never use a diamond on a good knife. They sure work nice when you get the hang of them.

MSalyards said:
Looks like a nice set up. I have been using a Lanskey sharpening set that looks quite a bit the same. How many stones(grits) does the KME use? The Lanskey comes with a 3 or 5 stone set or a diamond set. I chose the 3 stone set as I really couldn't justify a 5 and I personally would never use a diamond on a good knife. They sure work nice when you get the hang of them.

These KME Sharpeners are on the Spendy side, I bought the basic kit which comes with 4 of their Gold Series Diamond Stones, 140 Grit, 300, 600, and 1500 (The lower Grits will Rarely be used by me, they are exclusively for Re profiling an Edge) I agree with you on Diamond Stones, they are usually Way to harsh on a Blade. I did a BUNCH of research on this Setup before purchasing it and they get Rave Reviews. The 600, and 1500 Grit is all i have needed for my Knives, and for Diamond these are VERY nice! Not Harsh like the Cheaper Diamond stones i have seen (they do more damage than good!) They sell a BUNCH of different Stones for this Sharpener, From Diamond, to Japanese Water Stones, even polishing lapping films, and everything in between. The only thing i added was their Kangaroo Strop, with 4 Micron CBN Emulsion to ad to the Strop for “Finishing” a knife. This is a REALLY nice setup :yeah:

MSalyards said:
Wow!!! Are they sold locally or on the net?

I ordered mine on the Net.

Sharpening Systems have come a LOOOOONG way over the years, When I bought my KME i looked at these, But they were WAY out of my willing Budget :lol: These 2 are close to a 1,000 bucks

Wicked Edge
X5RAlZ1.jpg

TSPROF, Russian Made
re5ec7x.jpg

Just about every Hobby i have been in, i have found you can Spend a BUNCH of money! :lol: This is a BIG hobby to a lot of guy’s, I have watched several videos, and Read on Blade Forums Where Guy’s own ALL of these Sharpening Systems :shock: Thousands And Thousands of Dollars! That is definitely NOT my Case here, i just wanted a Good Solid System to Do my Hunting Knives, i am happy with my Purchase of this KME :yeah:

I like that hand sharpening. I like having control over the knife. I've had some near misses using the WorkSharp a friend let me try. I'll stick to the hand honing and avoid the stitches. lol

I’ve officially Sharpened every Knife i can get my hands on around here :lol: I REALLY REALLY like this KME Setup, I can get a Knife “Spooky” Sharp with this thing :yeah:

Latest posts

Back