Knight 209 Red FPJ (Reuse)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLP

Reaction score
Greetings: I have read where people reuse the red FPJ; however, it is not clear how to clean them? I think this would be best to reuse for range-use only. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I used a canning jar with dish soap fill with Hot water about 1/2 full add the FPJs and shake vigorously, rinse then lay them out on a paper towel to dry. The hot water helps the FPJ s to regain their memory.

The jar is a good idea. Today I tried hot soapy water in a baggie, didn't come very clean. The jar should allow for more agitation.

I have tried several methods and can't get them like new. I just use the hot soap method mentioned above and use one of my knight cleaning brushes through the pocket. Dry and re-use.

I have re used them a little bit too. Found the hot water/dish soap and shaking vigirously mostly works. But I did notice a little blowback from the "reloads" on my Wolverine 209. Might not be an issue on a Disc Elite or similar, but on my plunger gun, I definitely noticed some blowback. I hang on to them still, but have bought several hundred of them so that I don't have to re use them unless it is an emergency.

Latest posts

Back