Knight .36 1st try with sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gave shooting sabots a go today with the Knight LK-93 .36, all shots at 27 yds off hood of truck on cushion standing.
A couple loads look to have promise, it seems to like hotter loads. 1st groups to get on paper were the Berry bullets, lower part of group is 4 shots swabbing between each shot(1st shot of the day is in this group), upper 2 shots were shot w/o swabbing.. this gun definitely has to be swabbed every shot.
Last 2 shots were the 60 gr XTP, gun was getting really filthy by now so stopped.
It also seems to like the heavier bullets 85-90 gr.

20190322_214630.jpg 20190322_214608.jpg 20190322_214654.jpg 20190322_214641.jpg 20190322_214703.jpg

Hey Dean, what caliber bullets are you using in the sabots?

Probably .32cal bullets

Dean, how did they load up, where they easy to run down the bore or tight? Mine is was loose with Rainier and with XTP. I knurled them up and that made a big difference. I was shooting 777 3f. Pyrodex and then switched to Swiss 3f. Last load was 50gn of Swiss. That first tone shows a lot of promise. Mine also seemed to loke the heavier bullets. Not sure if it is due to them being heavier or just longer. Good shooting!

The MMP .36 caliber sabots were designed for .311" - .314" bullets, IIRC. They are the only ones I know of that ever made .36 caliber sabots.

Shawn I could start all of them with a hard press of my thumb then just a firm push down barrel.. I wouldn't say they loaded super easy though maybe 15# of pressure or so.. I have some Swiss 2f but no 3F.. I didn't try anything heavier then 35 gr of 3F, had some 40 gr vials ready but would like to stay at 35 or lower, its really loud with them..prefer a quieter load for squirrel but for varmint will load up a powder heavy load..

Herschel they were all .32 bullets..

Dean,

Thats how they started for me too. I would rather have to use a short starter myself. I've been looking for a different bullet but it got pushed to the side for now.:( Just no time. Its a chunky little rifle for a squirrel rifle. Shame they did not contour the barrel to make it a trimmer rifle, then it would be really cool. I've been thinking of getting a mold made for a lead bullet, smooth one for sabots but would make diameter so it fit tighter.

Your right Busta its the only sabot and that's a shame but I guess we are lucky to have those.

well found out last night why my groups were not that tight, 2 of my ring screws came loose..also when I went to take scope off bases to clean gun screw stripped out where screw went thru rings for the weaver bases, so had to mount a new set of rings/scope.. so starting over again. The rings were supposed to be Leupold rings but have never seen this type, whatever they were screws were junk.

More then likely will be hunting with my Bestill Custom .32 as its just crazy accurate no matter which load I try with round balls.

Latest posts

Back