Knight Bighorn question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ed.

After sighting it in at 50yds, please shoot at 100 yds. What the ballistic program says may give you different actual results.
What Ed said is absolutely correct. These tables should get you close but it needs to be confirmed with hands on shooting. Confirmed for the entire distance you intend or are willing to shoot. For example, if you are willing to shoot out to 150 yards you should probably confirm points of impact at 125 and 150 yards also.

Kill one for me. 🙂

I will for sure ed. I didn't understand at first when snapbang said he didn't have enough info and made assumptions, but now looking closer at the ballistics chart with all the other factors, air temp, humidity, barometric pressure altitude...... 85% of all my hunting and recreational shooting is archery and I don't really factor that stuff.

Yeah, snapbang has difficulty expressing himself from time to time. His English is poor and grammar worse. He doesn't thoroughly read all the information before responding. Problem since kindergarten I guess. His heart is good though so cut him some slack if you would. He has 40 years experience so can make a helpful contribution on some subjects.
:D

It's been raining were I'm at in WI and is suppose to for the next couple days so it's on hold for now. I watched Idaholewis's 1200 yard video today at lunch and got me thinking, so I ordered a Williams peep from midway. I'll never shoot that distance but maybe tighen my groups and or stretch things out a little further than my 100 yrd. max

I got the William's peep today and my ox yoke wads, still waiting on my no excuses bullets. should be a nice weekend to get back out and shoot. I got 50 cal. wads and thinking I should have got oversized from what I've read here, but I'll use them. I acquired some of these the other day, but don't know what they are. Any opinions? I'll try them, for free.99 I couldn't pass. Nothing on the box. 20210415_201941.jpg20210415_202334.jpg20210415_202609.jpg20210415_202656.jpg

I think those bullets came from Cabelas 1arrow. They look very familiar.

Thanks MrTomđź‘ŤI have 8- 300 gr. scorpion pt golds, 8- 223 gr. powerbelts and about 75- pyrodex 50/50 pellets I'm not going to use if somebody wants it.20210416_162031.jpg

I got the opportunity to shoot today. I was waiting for the rain to stop and my no escuses to arrive, which they did Friday. I don't want to admit it, but I wasted a bunch of shots because I wasn't tighten the elevation set screw, realized the peep was awfully sloppy and was all over the place. Once I figured that out things got better. I still need to dial things in a bit, but am overall happy. The first pic is 50 yrds. the high left shot was my 2nd of 3 just as my wife let the dog out, she was coming my way so I rushed the shot, put her back in the house and shot a 4th for my 3rd, if that makes sense. Then shot 1 at 100 yrds. and was a couple inches low but good left to right. I did 4 clicks up and it started sprinkling again so called it a day. I shot 15 no excuses today and think I was getting gun shy, lol. I did dropped down to 80 grs. of powder, but man... All the little holes on the 100 yrd. target was my kid shooting the 22.20210418_154751.jpg20210418_154413.jpg

What size no excuse did you use? I also have a new-to-me Bighorn. I used a sizing pack, but can't decide between the .503, and the .502.

I have a really nice Bighorn with green camo stock and stainless barrel sitting in the closet. Still has tags on it and the box next to it. I bought it about 1 1/2 years ago. Then I found a Knight Elite in auction and bought that. Then I bought a TC Renegade. I was thinking of selling the Bighorn but now you have renewed my interest.

Latest posts

Back