knight bolt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sir I reread your post and have a possible understanding of your issue. Is it possible that the over travel screw is too far in? The trigger (after being pulled) has to be clear of the sear as the bolt comes rearward. You should be able to witness this through the hole in the side of the trigger. Dry fire the rifle on a spent primer. Watch the sear as you pull the bolt backwards, the sear should move freely down and not catch on the trigger. The bolt moving forward should grab the sear and engage it on the trigger lever. If the trigger is adjusted with too little over travel the sear can catch on the trigger after it has been fired and you are trying to recock the firing pin ass'y.

Knight and Timney have an agreement. You can only get their Knight triggers through Knight. Try to find a NULA trigger listed on Timney's website. You wont find those listed either.

I dont see any triggers listed on Knights website but they might sell one if you call them. They did the exact same thing with Velocity Trigger aka Vehr that made Knight triggers for ages.

ok i just figured out what is happening, yesterday i just put a primer in and put in the case in garage just to test if it would fire today. i took off the safety and backed out the secondary safety and nothing will not fire ,, so after looking at it i noticed that the bolt was not fully back like it is when you first cock it.. after i recocked it it fired fine.. so it is not staying cocked over time .. now whats the fix? spring?? this bolt and breech plug has been redone by bestill

Latest posts

Back