Knight breech plug?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a knight Long range Hunter (discontinued) that I want a spare breech plug for. 209 bare primer plug. Their website shows two such plugs but neither lists the LRH.

Anyone know which one fits?

Thanks GM54. Years ago, I sent Lehigh this gun and he actually altered my bolt and gave me some adaptors that made the bolt into a bare primer adapter. I had forgotten that. But my breech plug is knight. In that link it doesn’t says “Lehigh breech plug”. Is that what they are and does it have a removable vent liner? If so, I assume the vent liners they sell are Lehigh as well?

Last edited:
Thought that was the case, thanks for clearing that up. I have 3 of the bare primer adapters. He used my gun to experiment with that model, so he sent me a couple of extras.

I have 3 of the bare primer breech plug for a mountaineer and am wondering about having vent liners in them.Could I get a hold of them for doing that?

If braised in then how do I replace the vent liner?I thought some one could drill out and replace the liner.Thank you
It can be done. Not an easy task is my understanding. If it was me, I'd buy a new Lehigh plug vs paying to have the OEM plug modified. Its a better plug.

brownisdown said:
If braised in then how do I replace the vent liner?I thought some one could drill out and replace the liner.Thank you

It can be done. Not an easy task is my understanding. If it was me, I'd buy a new Lehigh plug vs paying to have the OEM plug modified. Its a better plug.

Absolutely, for sure, no question. Myself have removed the brazed vent liner about four or five times, and it isn't worth doing if one can purchase a plug for $16.50 made of better material. One dulls one's tooling doing the job. The tap is dulled; the counter sink is dulled; the end mills, and the drills take a beating. Me, i can sharpen the drills, but not the other tools.

Correct, the OEM plug is 416SS and the Lehigh/SSK is 17-4 which in much better for breech plugs. Stronger and more corrosion resistant.

Latest posts

Back