Knight Disc Elite???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMhunter7

Reaction score
My dad bought a knight disc elite 50 cal used. The rifle looks good except it has iron sights drilled and tapped in. I thought disc elites didnt have sights. The previous owner said he got it that way. I'm wondering if the rifle is unsafe to use because of the sigths?

My bad, sorry - it does not. I grabbed a Mtnr.

DM,
We have not seen any pictures of the gun but even if we did, the best advice we can give you if you have any doubts or concerns is to take it to a gunsmith and have it checked out. You will always wonder/be concerned about it until you do. For peace of mind please get it checked out and let us know the results.
John

Well, I'm not too worried about something terrible happening. My dad's buddy has a disc elite that he said he bought brand new with sights drilled and tapped in and has used it for 15 years roughly with no problems such as accuracy loss. His is also the stainless version like the one my dad bought.

Also, I just noticed that it's an early model elite serial number before 150 so maybe the early ones had sights but I'm not sure.

Never say never but I have a decent collection of Elite's, am always looking, and I have never encountered one with sights. I regret selling two of my .45's to members on this forum. Today, I can't replace them for 3 times what I sold them for.

Back