Knight disc or disc extreme 45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chbarnha

Reaction score
I have been shooting a knight wolverine with #11 percussion caps for years, but that gun has been commandeered by the lady friend. So I went to an optima v2. To be honest I want to get back to shooting a knight and found what I think to be a pretty good deal on WhT they are calling a Knight disc extreme that is unfired. Asking price is 300$. I am unsure if this is an original disc or indeed an extreme. Hoping for some insight. Which of the two is more desirable? Can either or shoot BH209? Is 300$ fair for this rifle? Loads of questions and will have more if I do jump on it. Last one for now… would I be better off getting a mountaineer or ultra lite? Thanks in advance

Sweet rifles and Knight is a very dependable muzzleloader. There will be others that will come along shortly with recommendations on loads and what you will need to convert it to shoot BH209. $300 is a steal for that rifle!

However, first thing I would do is get rid of those see through rings and get a good set of rings to replace them. Just my opinion.

Sweet rifles and Knight is a very dependable muzzleloader. There will be others that will come along shortly with recommendations on loads and what you will need to convert it to shoot BH209. $300 is a steal for that rifle!

However, first thing I would do is get rid of those see through rings and get a good set of rings to replace them. Just my opinion.
Oh I would definitely be replacing the rings if I pick it up and will probably upgrade the scope. Just wasn’t sure if I should just splurge for a ul or mountaineer or if this is just as good once converted. Thanks for the reply.

The stock is a DISC original stock. If its an Extreme it will be labled Extreme instead of just DISC.

The serial numer looks to be under 2000 and if its a DISC 45, that makes it a 45cal 1-20 twist which is more desirable than an Extreme 45.

The stock is a DISC original stock. If its an Extreme it will be labled Extreme instead of just DISC.

The serial numer looks to be under 2000 and if its a DISC 45, that makes it a 45cal 1-20 twist which is more desirable than an Extreme 45.
Thanks for the response, do you think this is a good buy at 300? Anything I should know about the original disc

And that would be a fine very versatile rifle for 385 bucks

I’m guessing this would be the correct bare primer adapter? May go ahead and order it.

Attachments

• A4A95314-7FA3-4C35-8A02-5808BDB669C0.png
    A4A95314-7FA3-4C35-8A02-5808BDB669C0.png
    987.8 KB · Views: 0
I’m guessing this would be the correct bare primer adapter? May go ahead and order it.
To use that it MUST have an Extreme type FPJ bolt body already and those aint cheap. Sportsmans does sell the FPJ bolt body too for under $70. Last i checked Knight wanted $200+ for a DISC to Extreme conversion kit but all you really need is the bolt body. DISC bolt internals will thread into an Extreme body.

The NonFPJ adapter WONT FIT a DISC bolt.

To use that it MUST have an Extreme type FPJ bolt body already and those aint cheap. Sportsmans does sell the FPJ bolt body too for under $70. Last i checked Knight wanted $200+ for a DISC to Extreme conversion kit but all you really need is the bolt body. DISC bolt internals will thread into an Extreme body.

The NonFPJ adapter WONT FIT a DISC bolt.
I'm in a similar situation looking for the full plastic jacket bolt. The only ones I can find are labeled for a mountaineer? Are these cross model compatible with the firing pin system on an original disc?

Bolt bodies are the same across all Elite and newer models other than the new Peregrine. Knight sells a Extreme conversion kit for DISC original but it aint cheap You can call to see if you can just get the Exteme bolt body for less and just use your internals. Takes less than a minute to swap them.

Last i checked they want about $80 just for the bare Extreme bolt body. Make sure to tell them its going in a DISC original so they can make the minor mod incase its needed. None of mine needed alteration to fit.

Latest posts

Back