Knight had a big price increase

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no. I was just in their site looking at breech plugs and went into that area just looking to see what was new. The last bolt I bought for my disc extreme was a FPJ bolt and breech plug. Thru Midway I paid about 125.00 shipped to me. That was 2 years ago. Now that same setup thru Knight is 430.00. crazy.

I’m gonna guess that’s supposed to be the price for the rifle and they changed the price on the wrong item.

inflation
Pretty much. The cost of an Ultra-Lite has gone up about $100 from when I purchased mine this past Spring. With the current state of things, materials and labor costs are more than likely the driving factor.

I recently purchased a Knight Mountaineer from someone out west. It came set up for caps ignition.
I had Knights open on my phone since last week. Their conversion kit to bare 209 primers listed for $139, with a 2 week delay.
I checked after you started this thread, the price shot up to $344. That increase convinced me to google the conversion kit. Found out Sportsman's Warehouse has it in stock, for delivery on the 22nd, for $65, plus tax. And free shipping.
You saved me $270, or there roundsabout. Appreciate it.

I recently purchased a Knight Mountaineer from someone out west. It came set up for caps ignition.
I had Knights open on my phone since last week. Their conversion kit to bare 209 primers listed for $139, with a 2 week delay.
I checked after you started this thread, the price shot up to $344. That increase convinced me to google the conversion kit. Found out Sportsman's Warehouse has it in stock, for delivery on the 22nd, for $65, plus tax. And free shipping.
You saved me $270, or there roundsabout. Appreciate it.
Next time ask on the forums some guys sell some things and also at Natchez the kits are only $44.99 FYI

Thanks for the heads up. They are on sale at Sportsmans for $64.97 and free shipping. Normally $84.99 so i grabbed an extra.

Knight part# checks out too. M900602. Be aware that these may not fit older Extremes or DISC Originals without some minor machining. When you order one from Knight you have to tell them its for a DISC or Extreme if not using them in a Mountaineer or Ulite. They will make the small modification for you. The plug is way too long for DISC or Extreme but at that price its still way cheaper with the cost of a Lehigh plug added in.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...sories/knight-mountaineer-209-conv-k/p/p62025
https://www.muzzleloaders.com/product/mountaineer-209-bare-primer-conversion-kit/

AND....Drum rolllllllllllllllllll please......................

I just tried that bolt body in my SUPER DISC 45. It goes all the way into battery. Bolt handle falls all the way down. Retention bolt goes in just like it should. So i got NO IDEA why or what people with other DISCs had to have machined to make them fit. Mine fits fine and its brand spanking new in the Knight package from Sportsmans. I did not screw in the internals.....Is that what wont fit because i used Elite bolt internals on my other bare primer body. It fits fine in my Mountaineer.

I will try that later just to see.

I ordered one of the mountaineer bare primer bolts the other day for my disc extreme. I bought my disc extreme new in 2016. Well I got it a couple of days later and that bolt fits like a glove. I tried both the internals from my western bolt and the internals from my FPJ bolt and everything works great. I've been using the Lehigh bare primer breech plug and the primer adapter with my FPJ bolt and it works fine but I thought for the price I would order one of these on sale units from sportsman warehouse. Not only is the bolt jeweled but the handle in knurled. Left me with a mountaineer breech plug I have no use for but who knows, maybe a mountaineer will find it's way to my house someday.

Back