Knight MK 85 cleaning help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packmule320

Reaction score
I have two Knight MK 85 that were my late father's.
They have not been touched in probably 15 years.
So I want to clean them good before firing.
But cannot figure out how to remove the hammer assembly so I can get the breech plug removal tool in there. (I assume that is what I need to do
I have never cleaned a muzzleloader.)
I have searched the internet and Youtube on how to do it but cannot find anything on it.
I have the original owner's manual, but that information is not in it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Penn "The PackMule" McMichael

I literally just got finished cleaning one of my MK85’s.

The bolt assembly should unscrew from the barrel giving you a clear path to the breech plug.

Thank you guys. Turns out I had to detach the stock and unhook the trigger. It was actually very easy once I knew how to do it.
I cleaned it and shot it about 6 times. Then cleaned it again.

Thank you!

If you have the safety off, and pull the trigger, pulling back on the hammer assembly should be able to “spring” past the trigger sear without having to disassemble the rifle.

If the trigger group is gummed up from sitting fifteen years of sitting, it may not let it past until it’s cleaned /lubed as well.

If you have the safety off, and pull the trigger, pulling back on the hammer assembly should be able to “spring” past the trigger sear without having to disassemble the rifle.

If the trigger group is gummed up from sitting fifteen years of sitting, it may not let it past until it’s cleaned /lubed as well.
Good to know! I was wondering if there was way to not have to take it down so far.

Back