Knight MK-85 Hunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
Anyone seen one for sale recently? I have had decent luck picking up a few stainless models inexpensively over the last handful of years. I can't seem to find the Hunter, blued w/ walnut, in good condition.

The MK-85's are by far my favorite muzzleloaders. They feel perfect in my hands and the triggers adjust nicely. I have a stainless composite with a Redfield scope that sees primary hunting duties. I keep a stainless in a laminate with a peep sight ready, dreaming one day I'll be able to make it to Idaho to elk hunt.

Just bored locked in the house with the kids searching the auction sites to see what's out there.

Crappy picture in bad lighting, just messing around

20200408_174325.jpg

Nice looking rifles you got there.
I saw a Knight MK 85 on ArmsList last week he was asking $150 for it don’t to what the resale value is on them also said it was in great condition no rust or putting and was taken care of.
Do you know why Tony Knight made the receivers block and no round?

I saw a Knight MK 85 on ArmsList last week he was asking $150 for it don’t to what the resale value is on them also said it was in great condition no rust or putting and was taken care of.
Easier and less expensive to manufacture?

Anyone seen one for sale recently? I have had decent luck picking up a few stainless models inexpensively over the last handful of years. I can't seem to find the Hunter, blued w/ walnut, in good condition.

The MK-85's are by far my favorite muzzleloaders. They feel perfect in my hands and the triggers adjust nicely. I have a stainless composite with a Redfield scope that sees primary hunting duties. I keep a stainless in a laminate with a peep sight ready, dreaming one day I'll be able to make it to Idaho to elk hunt.

Just bored locked in the house with the kids searching the auction sites to see what's out there.

Crappy picture in bad lighting, just messing around

View attachment 8452
I know someone who has 8 of them Not sure about a price
They might not even be for sale .

150 is cheap thats for sure. I would never let go of one for-that price :)

Ive got a blued/walnut MK but the barrel is trash, also have the laminate MK which is in ex condition.. the walnut stock looks good on the stainless action or at least it does in my opinion, but like blued better though also.

Ive got a blued/walnut MK but the barrel is trash, also have the laminate MK which is in ex condition.. the walnut stock looks good on the stainless action or at least it does in my opinion, but like blued better though also.
Sold a walnut / stainless MK to my bro in law a few years back.
One of my favorites is the brown laminate stock with blued barrel... pretty damn sweet. I gave one like that to my dad many years ago for Christmas.

Those were his early designs he developed in his gunsmith bussiness . I like those ones better . With the newer round barrel/reciever combo jobs ya cant rebarrel yourself easily . The old square reciever you can . I call that ALOT better !!! My old bk-92 barrel got damaged and i took the original 54 barrel off and replaced it with a 50 1 in 26 Rem uml barrel remachined to screw right back on . A new take off barrel from somebody going to a sml 45 . Dam nice barrel . Cut the dia. of the shank down to .960 , cut most of the threads off and face it off square , move the shoulder forward , cut down the tenon and rethread , and install !!! Tighten up to at least 60ft lbs . Just like original except use Rem rod guide . You now have a stainless fluted 1 in 26 50cal savior barrel with a knight original bp , just like it was . Some call that "frankengun" , i call it common sense . They shoot !!! Thats how its done boys . Not a dam thing "hack" about it .
You can also black oxide stainless or steel barrels . Glassbead them first for a pretty satin black or polish them for a glossy black . Wears really well and is inexpensive too . Better than blueing !!!

I fixed the rusted original 54 barrel so im gonna put it back on . Its somewhere inbetween a 54 and a 58 now . I will slug it and have a mold made . I LOVED my Bazooka and its coming back !!! Its 1 in 27 measured twist used to shoot 110 to 115gr of pyro select with a 535gr conical with outstanding accuracy and power . Hopefully the Bazooka will be back in bussiness !!! It was infamous in my circle of friends here !!! Bang and Flop !!!
The 50 barrel wont be for sale tho . Never know what i might find . :thumb:

Last edited:
nice white mountain carbine. always thought id end up with one but never did.

i sold my mk-85 predator on this board, purchased new/old stock several years back for a song. it was an excellent shooter once i put a non-garbage scope on it. cleaning was a hassle, unfortunately.

I have 2. The one in the pic is a .54 given to me as a graduation gift. I don't really mind the cleaning procedure, gives me a chance for a good one over of the gun.

wanted to give a bump to thread, someone sells it? or is the wrong category to ask?

Latest posts

Back