• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Knight MK85 Hex Head Breech Plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I had a couple extras but went thru all my muzzleloader parts and cant find them.. dont know what happened to them if I find them your welcome to them as I dont have one anymore.

If anybody finds a source for the breech plugs let us know because I am needing one too.

I guess I misunderstood the question.
no misunderstanding, good to know that knight can get them. I just hate paying full list price and double shipping charges.

I have some of these breech plugs around. Have the hex headed ones and also maybe some of the slotted headed ones for the 50 caliber.They also fit the older 54 cal MK-85 with the early smaller breech plug. Usually get $10 each plus $5 shipping.

I’ll take one of the hex head ones

shawn thank you again. I was going to order a hex head from Knight, just to make removal easier. Mine is a 11/16 x 20. It is a 54. Will a LK-93 stock fit the MK95? The factory stock drops too much, perfect for open sights but way too low for a scope.

I was referring to the plug Steve sells, in that as long as they are the usual 11/16 plug not the 5/8 plug it will fit yours. I am thinking his is 11/16.

I think the LK (I don't have one anymore to check) had about the same drop but to answer your question I don't think so at least not well. The LK is a Round Action and the MK-95 if flat on the sides like the MK-85. The MK-85 stock is also not going to fit as the MK-95 action is shorter. Not sure on the Length of the LK.

You might look for an aftermarket Cheek Piece, slip on or lace on. That might work better. if you need more cheek height. Any more questions send me a Pm so we don't hijack this ad. ;) You could send Steve a Pm too.

Back