Knight Mountaineer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I keep reading. Wasn't sure if worth the almost $200 though. Can you shoot Blackhorn 209 with the current set up?

Yes, especially this time of year. But, when the temp drops that leaky system may leave you with a hangfire or non fire right when you need it the most. Using almost any other sub powder is pretty reliable with the fpj setup tho. You dont need to spend near that much $ to get a Lehigh breechplug, bare primer adapter and a few extra ventliners for their much better breechplug. I think you would be under $50

As long as you have a little compression with your choice of primer - no issues.
I still use it on some of my Knights and I’ve only modified the flash hole end of the BP myself to accept replaceable vent liners..
Good luck with your new rifle.

Thanks, been shooting an Encore up till now. Been wanting this rifle for years. It hasn't seen the woods or range in 15 years

Its possible the FPJ adapter in the FPJ bolt might need minor fitting on the plug side of the adapter. You wont know until you get it. On mine the adapter hit the nut on the plug by about 60 thousands. No problem on DISC/Extreme/Elites but it hit on my Mountaineer plug. Taking a little off the side that faces the plug is simple if you have a few minutes. Very simple if you have something like a belt sander.

The other option is the bare primer bolt body and no adapter. Sportsmans still has some for about $65 shipped.
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting...sories/knight-mountaineer-209-conv-k/p/p62025
You just unscrew your bolt internals and put it in the bare primer bolt body. Frankly though i find the adpater easier to load. Either way get the Lehigh plug and 1 pack of vent liners.

Its super simple to swap the internals. Takes about a minute.

Back