Knight Peregrine

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not interested in repeating that experience with the .40, although I think there are already a whole bunch of options for the .40 caliber.
Guys have been shooting inline 40s for a long time. Over 10yrs in custom Savage conversions. Back then you only had 2 bullet choices, a 200gr SST and the 195gr Barnes. Back then it was either a Pacnor or McGowen .400x.408 in 1-16 being the most commonly used. Today you have options from Fury, Pittman, ASG and even Parker but i think his is a 408 300gr bullet?

Bullets back then were also a bit small for the lands. Knurling up was as common as sizing down. Options today include .401 and .402 so you can easily size down for your specific rifle. Swinglock even makes a full form sizing die that will engrave the lands but that requires about 1.5" of your barrel. Not sure if he still offers that service.

ATM a 40cal Brux custom barreled action with a muzzle brake is just over $2000. All you need to finish it is a Rem700 trigger, stock and trigger guard. You wont be limited to just BH209 or subs but its also not gunna be a sub 8lb rifle without spending a ton more cash.

I wouldn’t worry about it now, but when the .52 was introduced there were only one or two bullet/sabot combos available and if those didn’t work for you there were no other options. I spent a couple frustrating years trying to get my rifle to shoot and finally gave up. It soured me on inlines for almost 15 years. I tracked down the guy who made the sabots for Knight, but he had an exclusive contract to supply them to their specs and he couldn’t offer aftermarket options. I’m not interested in repeating that experience with the .40, although I think there are already a whole bunch of options for the .40 caliber.
Oh ok I see. Yeah I finally decided to buy one after seeing the accuracy of a Knight Disc .50 and wanted to try something a little different. I’m going to start off using their .52 grey sabot with Hornady .458 cal 325 grain FTX (what Hornady uses in their LEVERevolution .45-70) and see if I can work up an accurate load. If not I’ll look into the Bloodline bullets or Red Hot bullets.

I love the 52,my favorite load is 110 grains 777 ff and hornady 325 FTx. I have had great success with it. I recently had bestill cut and crown a barrel to 22 inches , haven’t shot it yet, will soon, tuna fishing got in the way
Glad to hear it. I bought several boxes of those Hornady 325 grain .458 FTX reload bullets. I’m hoping to make it shoot 1MOA or better (I clean after each shot so I think it may be possible). It will be cheaper and easier. Have you had any experience with their Bloodline or Red Hots for .52? Are they worth the extra money and cost of shipping?

Glad to hear it. I bought several boxes of those Hornady 325 grain .458 FTX reload bullets. I’m hoping to make it shoot 1MOA or better (I clean after each shot so I think it may be possible). It will be cheaper and easier. Have you had any experience with their Bloodline or Red Hots for .52? Are they worth the extra money and cost of shipping?
I have shot red hots, the ftx shot better, never hunted with them, the ftx has been stellar on deer, I have killed out to 150 with them. my buddy was so impressed he bought one and shoots the same load with the same results.

Please show pictures and a review of it. I’m wanting to buy one someday
I will do my best but it will probably be at least February before I get a chance to shoot it. Hopefully, someone else beats me to it.

There was a guy selling 52 lead conicals on GunBroker. But I have not been on the site for a long time - do not know if he is still there or not.

Latest posts

Back