Knight Rifle Models And Year Mfgd

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smyrnagc

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
I have been creating a list of the Knight rifle models and when they were manufactured. I couldn't find a complete list on the internet so with the help of others on this forum I created this list. Please let me know of any changes or additions you know of and any of you guys that have original owner's manuals would you please post the years of the rifles that are missing?

Thanks

YEAR MODEL
1985 MK-85,
1985 MK-85 Master Hunter
1986 MK-86 (rifle-shotgun combo)
1989 BK-89
1990 Preditor
Back Country Carbine
Hunter
Stalker
1992 T-5 Woodsman (Italian Knight)
1992 BK-92
1992 BK-92 Kit Rifle (unfinished)
1992 BK-85 Grand American
1993 LK-93
LK-II Wolverine
1994 HK-94 Hawkeye (pistol)
1995 MK-95
1996 MK-96 (shotgun)
U.S.A.K. (American Knight)
1997 D.I.S.C.,
D.I.S.C. Master Hunter
Super D.I.S.C.
1998 T-Bolt
TK-2000
1999 Master Hunter
2002 Wolverine 209
2003 D.I.S.C. Extreme,
D.I.S.C. Master Hunter Cryogenic
2003 D.I.S.C. Elite
2004 Revolution
2005 Vision
2006 Revolution II
2006 Long Range Hunter
2006 KRB7
2006 KP1
D.I.S.C. Target Rifle
2008 Shadow
2005 Bighorn
2011 Mountaineer
Littlethorn
Ultra-Lite 50
2016 Knight 500
2017 Mountaineer 45 /1:20
2018 Ultra Lite 45/1:20

Wolverine 209

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Re: RE: Re: Knight Rifle Models And Year Mfgd

halloflin said:
herschel conyers said:
Wolverine 209

Do you know the year manufactured?

This was added by GM54-120 in a second thread about the 'Knight Rifles Models and Year Mfgd"

Just trying to get all the information into the longer thread...

The 2006 catalog is still available for download in pdf if anyone wants it. There are a couple references to dates.
http://images.ebsco.com/pob/knightrifle ... g-ver2.pdf

2017 catalog might be the first reference to the Knight 500. Not really sure.
https://www.muzzleloaders.com/wp-conten ... 17_web.pdf

Nope its in the 2016 also
https://www.knightrifles.com/wp-content ... ersion.pdf

sabotloader said:
This was added by GM54-120 in a second thread about the 'Knight Rifles Models and Year Mfgd"

The 2006 catalog is still available for download in pdf if anyone wants it. There are a couple references to dates.

Hey Pete...Do you have any years, or additional models, that could be added to the list?

Have a 1990 ‘Modern Muzzle Loading’ flyer/brochure that shows three models. The Preditor (24” barrel, 45, 50 and 54 caliber. The Back Counrty Carbine, 20” barrel, 50 and 54 caliber. The BK-89 Squirrel Rifle, 24” barrel, 36 caliber.

Had a lot of correspondence with the Knights after seeing their display booth and guns at a gun show (forget where it was). Price sheet is interesting (with hand written notes from M. R. Knight, assume Mrs. Knight??), showing two additional models not in their flyer, a Hunter and Stalker. Hunter is listed listed at $519.95 and the Predator is $649.95 to give an idea of price range back in 1990. Big bucks at the time.

Still have my 54 Predator (1-28 twist SS Lother/Walter tube) purchased in the late 80s with a relatively low serial number (23##) and a later model MK85 in 54 caliber that started life with a thumbhole stock that just didn’t make it - replacement stock is a POS as Knight was unfortunately going down hill when they replaced it. First MK was a 50 that I got rid of when I purchased the Predator. These were high dollar guns in the late 80s/early 90s and could not explain multiple $600+ muzzleloaders to to the bride.

Hope this rambling post helps.

halloflin said:
sabotloader said:

Hey Pete...Do you have any years, or additional models, that could be added to the list?

I personally do not... you guys are way a head of me!

pjsoden said:
MK-96 shotgun?
None of my catalogs show this gun.

I think you're right. I thought I remembered Knight taking the MK-86 combo design and making it a fixed barrel and receiver? I have been researching this for a couple hours, and can find no evidence of it. I'm pretty sure they did go away from the combination interchangable rifle/shotgun barrels and only offer it as a shotgun for a few years in the mid to late 90's. It always stuck in my head as a MK-96. This was all before the internet was real popular, so slim to none finding anything. Sorry for the confusion, I guess it was all mine.

I bought the first TK-2000 that came to Michigan in 2000. I still have it, although I mostly use the White Thunder as its much lighter.

I just edited my post in the other thread.

Removed MK-96 (shotgun), and added Grand American to the MK-85 and original D.I.S.C. Master Hunters.

Good to see this posted up, I have a Backcountry carbine I still use until this day and forgot what year they were made in. I met Mr Knight and ordered it at the SHOT show in Vegas when it was just a prototype. I understand mine was #5 made available to the public.

i have the knight lk 93 model. it has protyp stamped on the barrel. i was just wondering how many prototypes of this gun were made in 1993. is it 1 of 10 or 1 of 10,000?

Newbee here. If I'm off some here I'm sorry, but are you just talking about the Knight Arms only or everything Tony Knight developed? I've been going through some of my old "Knight News" Newspaper spring of 1997 when Tony Knight first introduced his "Scent Master" made in USA. Not sure if that counts for anything so I thought I'd toss it in? also in my early years of muzz hunting I bought my Knight Stalker MK85 54cal with green laminated stock SN-32XX, I bought it in 1989 one of the first few in my area. Instruction Manual has Modern Muzzleloading lnc. Lancaster, Missouri 63548 USA. Inside "The Specifications" says
Caliberss: 45,50,54
Barrels: Lothar/Walther®
Barrel Length: 20, 22, 24 inches.
Rifling: 45 Cal. 1 in 17 Twist 8 grove; 50 & 54 Cal. 1 in 32 Twist 8 grove. (Note; I know 8 grove for 50 Cal is correct: But not for 54 Cal. because my 54 Cal is a 6 grove, I called down to the factory way back when and they said Lothar/Walther® 54 Cal. barrel was 6 grove with my SN-32XX)
Sights: Gold Bead Front Sight with Hood. Flat Rear Sight, Fully Adjustable.
Action: Patented MML Inc. Sure-fire In-Line Ignition, Drilled and Tapped for easy Scope mounting.
Trigger: Timney® Featherweight Deluxe, Fully Adjustable.
Safeties: Patented MML Inc. Double Safety System.
Stocks: High Grade Walnut, Laminated Colored Birch in ( Forest Green Camo, Desert Brown Camo, Walnut Colored Camo, Midnight Black Camo). All come with MML Inc. Custom Recoil Pad and Sling Swivel Studs.
Ramrods: Unbreakable Nylon Ramrod with Perfect Memory.
Weight: 7 Lbs or Less
Accessories: Brass Ramrod Extensions & Cleaning Jags, Combo Tool ( Nipple & Breech Plug Wrench), Bases, Rings, Straight Line Capper, Powder Flask, Spouts, Powder Measures, Solvent, Ball Starters, Baffalo Bullets®, & MMP Sabots.
All this comes from my Original Instruction Manual for my Model MK-85 54 Cal. Knight Rifle. The Manual applies to Hunter & Stalker Models.This old very early Instruction Manual from Modern Muzzleloading lnc. is what appears to be hand typed, its kind of rough & crude looking in a way it was made because I assume they where just starting out. It tells The Brief History about Knight Rifles and Modern Muzzleloading lnc. on page 16; tells about the use of Buffalo Bullets and Muzzleloader Magnum Sabots on page 17; Then on page 18, The Full One Year Warranty On Knight MK-85 Firearms Manufactured By Modern Muzzleloading lnc. The rest of the Manual shows how to Field Strip & The Disassembly and Cleaning and Load Data and Safety Handling Safety Notice and How to Load and Use the Muzzleloader. I have read some post on your form and have noticed younger muzz hunters and MK-85 owners asking about very early MK-85 KNIGHT'S and asking if any body had a early Manual; I've noticed nobody saying that they had one. My SN-32XX may not be the lowest SN but it is low. If any one needs more information out of this old early Manual just contect me. Anybody else have any of
the old "The Knight News" newspapers that Knight use to send to anyone that filled out a warranty ?? Gen10:9 Nimrod

Back