Knight sale

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ulite barrel without ram rod is 1622 grams or 3.575898lbs according to my scale. I checked the scale first with a couple 50 gram weights.

The Ulite barrel without ram rod is 1622 grams or 3.575898lbs according to my scale. I checked the scale first with a couple 50 gram weights.
How well was your barrel packed and how did it look inside? Mine came with no padding, just in a light little canvas bag, in a large box, and the bore had some surface rust in it. It wasnt damaged and the rust cleaned out very easily with bore polish and steel wool. I was less than impressed.

Last edited:
How well was your barrel packed and how did it look inside? Mine came with no padding, just in a light little canvas bag, in a large box, and the bore had some surface rust in it. It wasnt damaged and the rust cleaned out very easily with bore polish and steel wool. I was less than impressed.
Barrel was clean but the packaging was the same. My other barrel kit came nicely packaged.

ARG!!!! the barrel does not have the bolt quick release pin in it like my Mountaineer barrel did!!!!!

Its also a tad tighter than my Mountaineer bore.

.4505 Parker BE aint going down this bore without sizing smaller. Im guessing its about .006-7 smaller than my Mountaineer (.4507lands). 😰 Wont know for sure until i try my .449 die which is more like .4495

Kinda bummed about that but the main goal was a little conical shooter and those are sized about perfect for this bore and BH209. They might need to be smaller with other powders because they are pretty snug loaded by thumb. Almost too much. Bore should be nearly perfect for Harvester light blue sabots and .400 sized 40s. A .401 Fury would be too tight for my liking if it had a knurl on it. Be close without the knurl too.

The 45 Ulite kit fits sweet in my old Elite stock. Zero rocking and a bill slides down to 5" above the recoil lug. Really thinking about a 1-4x24 for this setup. Either the new Elite 4500 4x or maybe the SWFA SS. Not a fan of the SWFA reticle but the illumination may come in handy.

6.9lbs without the bolt/plug in the Elite stock with Knight sling...Forgot to take the sling off until just now :p

Last edited:
Trying to put a trigger on to my new UL barrel and the screw hole is smaller than on my other Knights. I wonder if i should D&T it the same or get a screw from Knight. The trigger isnt different from Discs is it.image.jpg
image.jpg

I wonder if i should D&T it the same or get a screw from Knight.
I bet any good hardware store would have that screw. I got the stock screw in a 2 pack from HomeDepot for 2 bucks or less. All i know is ive swapped triggers off my older Knight onto my Mountaineer barrel and it fits fine.

My trigger assembly fit my Ulite kit. Same trigger ive tried in my DISC 45 and Mountaineer 45. Got it all assembled but the plug and bolt release pin. Gunna be hard to come in under 8lbs total even with my lightest scope. Wont be much over though and feels great to shoulder.

I got a spare plug to try. Its OEM Knight. If i get a crush i can take measurements and then order a bushing plug. Very tempted to go FPJ with the adapter on this one.

Received my package today, consisted of barrel, trigger, firing pin assembly and screw kit. Barrel was in the cloth bag with little sheet of bubble wrap.
Barrel punched a hole through the box. Trigger was floating loose in box with no protection, glad it did not fall out of the box. Needed the screws for the trigger and stock. Barrel was in good shape but needed a cleaning. Barrel fit nicely in my extra mountaineer stock.

Almost forgot, Steve at Knight got my release pin to me today. I did mention in my email that the packaging could be better too. That tiny pin arrived in a padded 8x11 envelope....I laughed my ... off.

My eLite is nearly all together. Busy with a ton of stuff atm.

Latest posts

Back