Knight Super Disc .45

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lehigh BP and primer adapter arrived today. I noticed a considerable gap between the primer pocket and the rear of the BP. I'm guessing the primer does not sit flush with the BP and sticks out a little.

I slid a .452 Hornady SST down my barrel to check for fit. It went down very easy and in my opinion it felt too loose. Not so loose it would fall out but it was one finger on the ram road easy so it looks like I will need to go bigger.

Lehigh 260gr controlled fracturing .458 has been recommended so I will be trying that one for sure. Can anyone recommend another bullet to try with BH?

I will be ordering a sizing die soon so I'm curious about which one to get or does it matter? Swinglok and Hankins but not sure if it matters which one.

Finally I noticed as I was pushing the Hornady bullet down the barrel I felt chatter and minor sticking as it went down. It did not go down smooth at all. Is what I felt because of the bullet being too loose or is it because the barrel is dirty and needs more cleaning? I scrubbed it pretty good but probably not good enough I'm thinking (hoping). Bore looks shiny by eye only and I see no pitting or obvious corrosion, it really looks very good. Sabot gun prior to ending up in my hands so plenty of plastic fouling I'm sure.

I slid a .452 Hornady SST down my barrel to check for fit. It went down very easy and in my opinion it felt too loose. Not so loose it would fall out but it was one finger on the ram road easy so it looks like I will need to go bigger.

Lehigh 260gr controlled fracturing .458 has been recommended so I will be trying that one for sure. Can anyone recommend another bullet to try with BH?

I will be ordering a sizing die soon so I'm curious about which one to get or does it matter? Swinglok and Hankins but not sure if it matters which one.

Finally I noticed as I was pushing the Hornady bullet down the barrel I felt chatter and minor sticking as it went down. It did not go down smooth at all. Is what I felt because of the bullet being too loose or is it because the barrel is dirty and needs more cleaning? I scrubbed it pretty good but probably not good enough I'm thinking (hoping). Bore looks shiny by eye only and I see no pitting or obvious corrosion, it really looks very good. Sabot gun prior to ending up in my hands so plenty of plastic fouling I'm sure.

The bullet chatter was likely from the bullet being a little loose. If you're bore looks good I doubt it's a bore issue. I would imagine a bore would have to be real bad to cause it to chatter going down. I would recommend a sizing die and some Furys.

For a sizing die I really like the swinglock smooth sizing die I got from like at ASG. Its simple to use does what it's supposed to.

Back