Knight Super Disc Stock Options

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The original stock on my Super Disc has too much drop. Knight has the Disc Extreme stock straight for $140 that will fit but I'm not sure how good of a stock that one is. What would be a good option for a drop in?

Boyds sell stocks too but when you run the #s the Knight stocks hold their own pretty well. Any of the Knight Extreme or Mountaineer stocks will be a drop in fit. Their composites are pretty well made for that kinda money and the recoil pad is far better than the basic Boyds pad.

Compared to the Savage MLII composite its like night and day. The Knight composite is much better quality. Very rugged and stiff for a stock in that price range.

I have a Savage 220F slug gun and the stock is absolutely crap. I'm glad to hear the Knight stock is better quality. I will be placing my order with Knight. Thanks guys.

I love my Original DISC stock. It reminds me of the binelli nova stock. Very comfortable, durable and good support!

My Knight plastic stock arrived today. Very well made for plastic no problems there. The problem is the dang thing will not fit. Emailed Knight and was told it's a "press in fit" stock. I needed to tighten the bolt and then squeeze the forearm and barrel together. The stock just rocks on the barrel lug and does not pull down. Has anyone else replaced their Disc stock with the new Knight straight stock? Assuming they will sell me one is the Bell & Carlson UL stock a drop in stock?

Could you post a photo of the lug,and the lug area of the stock?

Yes the Knight Kevlar stock is for all intents a drop in

This is a Super DISC in a Kevlar stock

Super-DISC.jpg

But... it fits equally well in a thumbhole composite DISC stock.

448-Super-DISC.jpg

I can imagine with the new stock you have and your description of the fit you will need to do same sanding to get it to drop in smoothly.

Knights composite stocks are solid - no hollow sections.
Ive swapped a lot of Knight stocks for myself & friends. Never had one that’s did not pull down when tight.
I don’t think they will sell the B&C stock by itself.

I think they are both B&C stocks. The Kevlar stock was designed to be use with the Ultra Lite. I have been told that Knight will sell the Kevlar stock separately as of late. While early they would not. The only way to find out is email or call them and inquire.

If Knight sent you a composite stock from their stock it should fit and/or require very little work to get it to fit properly. You should not have to press fit the rifle in the stock.

Your pictures... the stock is designed to accept both style of recoil lugs. The square lug like you have or the Forked Recoil lug. Most feel that the Forked lug offered better stability in the stock.

So let me ask this.... When you set your Super DISC in the new stock, where is getting the stuck feeling? Under the receiver or in the barrel channel. When you go to install the rifle in the stock you should be able to physically press the receiver in. You should not need to use the recoil screw to pull it down to a seat. Actually, it should just set in the stock. It is not uncommon but not normal that the barrel does not just set into the barrel channel. In fact if the barrel is sticky going into the stock - you will more than likely have accuracy problems.

Last edited:
Your weld on lug looks like it’s rather big.. Maybe it’s hitting the protrusion for centering the lug?

this is a problem with knights they only have one lug, and if not tight enough the barrel will move from side to side with recoil

52Bore - I can't tell for sure but I believe the lug is slipping between the two protrusions in the stock. It appears to me that the lug is hitting the stock and the barrel is rocking on that.

45-70 - No side to side movement at all. Once I set the barrel in the stock you can squeeze the forearm and barrel and the breech end rocks up. Push down on the breech end and the barrel raises out of the channel.

sabotloader - I was told by Knight this stock would drop in. When it did not fit they told me it was a press fit and I needed to tighten the stock screw down tight and then pinch the barrel and the forearm together and it would snap the rest of the way in. That did not work.

At first I thought the barrel channel in the stock was the problem so I did some light sanding with a wooden dowel and relieved the barrel channel. That helped and the barrel was then able to drop all the way into the forearm but the receiver would not lay flat. I really think it's the lug as that is where I can rock the barrel front to back. There is not a whole lot of material under the lug so I'm a little hesitant to remove anything from that area.

I really wouldn't remove anything from the stock under the lug or even the lug. So next question is there any problem with the installation back into the DISC Original Stock? And I am guessing you would say - no problem. So that leads me to the next question.

As I am reading your information it is your belief that the barreled action is rocking up and down at the recoil lug. So I would ask you to compare the lug pocket in the DO stock to the rear of the pocket in the DE stock. What I would really like to know is - is the floor on the pocket in the DE stock flat? or tilted to the rear or front? In my mind I find this hard to think it might be.

So now I am thinking you are not actually getting the lug to rest on the bottom of the pocket in the stock. In other words the receiver is not going deep enough into the stock. Suggestion... remove the trigger assembly and then try to assemble the rifle. By removing the trigger that should tell us that it isn't any part of the trigger assembly hanging up on the side of the stock. The bolt retaining screw on the side of the receiver could provide another clue.... is sitting in the detent in the stock correctly or is hanging up on the one side or the other of the detent? In fact take the screw and bolt completely out of the receiver to do this fitting project.

Just trying to trouble shoot long distance without actually seeing or feeling what you seeing. You may have a stock that was not really inletted at the factory correctly.

One other thing which you probably are already doing - leave the ram rod out of the gun when testing in the new stock.

Thanks for reading and thinking about what I am trying to say.

mike

Mike I removed the trigger and nothing changed. Bolt release is also free and clear. I'm pretty sure the barrel lug is sitting on the bottom of the stock and is not allowing the rifle to sit low enough in the channel.

No problems at all with the original stock. lug area is flat on both. Only difference is the original has more material that extends the entire length of the barrel lug where the new stock has just small tabs.

Mike and everyone else thank you for your time and help. If that Bell & Carlson stock fit's the Super Disc then I think I will get that one ordered.

Latest posts

Back