Knight Super Disc Stock Options

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hate to see you spend more money if the stock you have might work... Did you buy the stock from Knight?

Check your PM's when you get a chance.

It is going to be a few minutes before I can get the PM composed and out to you. Terry has another ideal about what I should be doing right now - and it is not being on the computer!

mike

Last edited:
Try this. Ive done it a few times to help "float" a Knight barrel.

Cut a shim from something like a soda can. Cut a couple actually. Place them in the front section of the lug cutout. Get it as close to the the bolt hole as possible but not past it. This will raise the front and lower the action into the stock. It will also tell you if the lug it not seating all the way down.
9OZis7A.jpg

Try this. Ive done it a few times to help "float" a Knight barrel.

Cut a shim from something like a soda can. Cut a couple actually. Place them in the front section of the lug cutout. Get it as close to the the bolt hole as possible but not past it. This will raise the front and lower the action into the stock. It will also tell you if the lug it not seating all the way down.
9OZis7A.jpg
I tried something similar using metal HVAC tape. I cut small pieces and stacked them on top of each other hoping to do what I think you are suggesting. Long story short it did not work.

There is no way that stock will ever fit my disc. If I press the bolt end of the gun down into the stock the barrel lifts out of the forearm. Justin got back to me yesterday morning. I will be sending my barrel down to him so they can fit a stock to my barrel. I hope he can get it back to me quick. Great CS from Justin by the way!

Serial number on my rifle is S004187. Barrel is stamped 45 CAL. D.I.S.C. Do I have a Super Disc and if so is it different than an Original Disc, Disc Elite, Disc Extreme, Master Hunter, Long Range Hunter, Mountaineer, Ultra-Lite Mountaineer?

I'm trying to figure out why the Knight stock I ordered did not fit my rifle.

Serial number on my rifle is S004187. Barrel is stamped 45 CAL. D.I.S.C. Do I have a Super Disc and if so is it different than an Original Disc, Disc Elite, Disc Extreme, Master Hunter, Long Range Hunter, Mountaineer, Ultra-Lite Mountaineer?

I'm trying to figure out why the Knight stock I ordered did not fit my rifle.

With that serial number is it a Super DISC if it is a stainless steel fluted barrel.

The stock you have is so tight that maybe even a new DISC or any of the rifles you mentioned might not work in it.

They Knight could probably even find a stock in their supply that the rifle would fit well in. You just got the tight one!

Your weld on lug looks like it’s rather big.. Maybe it’s hitting the protrusion for centering the lug?
There is a lot of material in that weld. Maybe the welder was trying to fill a gap. I would think the action is balancing on those post on either side of the barrel. Check to see if there is any scuffing on those posts on either side of the barrel. File them a little at the 90 degree point and I bet it falls in. Taking a little of off those 2 points should not effect their job of centering the action. My $.02.

Heres what I would do.

Chew up a piece of gum or use a similar material and place it in the lug area in the stock. Id put a little oil on the bottom of the lug so the gum doesn't stick to the lug. Place the action in the stock and remove. Is the gum squeezed out from under the lug area or does the gum still have some thickness to it? If the gum is squeezed out from under the lug area then thats your problem area.

If its not squeezed out from under the lug area its prpbably that weld. Place the gum on those centering posts and replace the action. When you remove the action Im betting you will see those points on those centering posts prominently. Its that weld. Take a little of the points of those posts with a dremel and I bellieve your problem is solved.

I used some modeling clay a few days ago. Clay was completely squeezed out from under the lug. I'm convinced the lug is sitting flush with the inside bottom of the stock. The welds never make it down far enough to touch those centering posts.

I just messed around with it a little more this morning. The inside rails of the stock where the barrel/action sits is deeper on the replacement stock. The barrel never really touches those rails and instead is sitting on the lug only. This stock will not fit my rifle.

Thanks snapbang and everyone else for your help.

Update on my old thread. Justin suggested I send my barrel to Knight along with the new stock so they could figure out what the issue was. Rifle is back with a brand new stock and the fit is perfect. Justin and Knights customer service is absolutely one of the best I've ever dealt with, if not the best. Justin went above and beyond to fix the issue. That kind of service means a lot to me and I will not forget it!

Update on my old thread. Justin suggested I send my barrel to Knight along with the new stock so they could figure out what the issue was. Rifle is back with a brand new stock and the fit is perfect. Justin and Knights customer service is absolutely one of the best I've ever dealt with, if not the best. Justin went above and beyond to fix the issue. That kind of service means a lot to me and I will not forget it!
Great news, congratulations! I wonder what they did to resolve the issue? Did they have to modify a stock to fit, or did they just simply grab another one off the shelf to try and the barrel just dropped right in? If modifications had to be made then it would be good info for people to know that are thinking about a stock replacement on an early DISC in the future. Glad it all worked out for you! 👍

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back