Knight TK-2000 ?'s

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
With turkey season approaching been thinkg of a muzzleloading shotgun. Probably wont be in place for this season, but had some questions. I have zero experience with muzzleloading shotguns.

- Anyone hunt with one. Are they worth the $$?
- How durable is the camo finish on the barreled action?
- Do you have to use Knight brand wads? They seem to be very expensive to me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks as always.

they are nice guns but have gotten to be a bit over priced in my opinion..a friend has a older one and has killed a bunch of birds with it, with heavy loads they kick like a mule, doubt if you have to use Knight wads. I would look for a older used one instead of paying for a new one.

I have an extra one LNIB that I’d sell. ( $360.00 + frt ) It’s the NWTF series. BTW in talking with Knight CS, ( last fall ) they will be ending it I was told.Another manufacturer makes the barrels for them and this is the last run.
I posted pics on here of my #9 TSS loads. AWESOME!
Have worked on over 40 some load variations.97CDBEFD-096F-4AE6-BBE4-7703352399E9.jpeg

Last edited:
I've got both the first year 2000 camo Knight TK2000, and a camo stocked White Thunder with all the same things you get with a Tominator. The TK2000 was the first one sent to Michigan. the Thunder has all the chokes the Tominator has, as well as the Ray Eye Video and diaphragm call.

My TK2000 was set up for #11 ignition, but I also have the RFPJ 209 striker and breech plug. Using Triple Se7en, I prefer the #11. I use the (for 3.5" shotshells) Multi-Metal shotcups (same as Knight), filled with #5 shot, over 90 - 100 gr Volume Triple Se7en powder, all topped off with 2 of my homemade styrofoam overshot wads. It has a 12ga bore that transitions into a 10ga (backbored) expansion chamber, then is choked back down to 12ga after going through the screw-on jug choke.

The Thunder is #11 ignition as well. I use Turkey Ranger shotcups, filled with #5 shot, over 80 - 90 gr Volume Triple Se7en powder, all topped off with 2 of my homemade styrofoam overshot wads. It has a straight rifled Hastings 12ga (Wadlock) bore and Hastings Choke II screw-in choke tubes.

I've literally shot several dozens of different combinations, and #5 shot has always performed better than #4 and #6 shot in both guns. I punch the styrofoam overshot wads out of thick meat and vegetable trays with an old sharpened Win-Choke choke tube used as a punch. I use 2 overshot wads because the 2nd acts like a jam nut on the first, keeping the shot firmly seated on the powder, also keeps any foul weather away from my shot and powder.

The sky is the limit when using a muzzleloading shotgun, as the combinations of shotcups, powders, and shot are endless. I have over a half dozen different types of shotcups. I've shot several gobblers over the last 20 years with both shotguns.

Busta always has some VG input. What I see the TK2000 doing with today’s advancement in shot (TSS) and wads designed to use TSS in non-steel barrels like TPS is the pattern density. Putting IRC 240 #9 TSS 18gm/cc pellets in a 10” circle at 40 yds is dead turkey. Target is here in the media.
17 or 19 were in a 2” circle.
TSS shot is deadly awesome!
Turkey hunting friends want me to try a target at 60 yds after seeing what the 40 has done. Will give it a go.
I would wager the TK2000 will outperform other ML shotguns in distance + pattern + easy to load.
Probably opening a can of worms now. Lol Watch this post takeoff😁

I actually prefer the White, but both shoot dense patterns.

I'm actually going to take my gobbler this year with a .410 bore, using TSS #9. Counting my Thunder Chickens before they're dead of course.

I have an extra one LNIB that I’d sell. ( $360.00 + frt ) It’s the NWTF series. BTW in talking with Knight CS, ( last fall ) they will be ending it I was told.Another manufacturer makes the barrels for them and this is the last run.
I posted pics on here of my #9 TSS loads. AWESOME!
Have worked on over 40 some load variations.View attachment 8210
I absolutely love mine and yes, imho, no other ml shotgun will come close to competing with it. I even developed a successful buckshot load. I shot broadside a foot in front of a large doe running full blast this season at a distance of at least 50 yards and had 6 out of 15-00 buckshot in her vitals.

I do not regret one cent I spent on mine. I developed a killer buckshot load with it using the extra full choke too. 120 gns 2f pyrodex, 2 over-powder cards, 1- 1/2 inch lubed cushion wad, 15-00 buckshot with equal volume of buffer, and a over-shot card. I shot broadside a foot in front of a large doe running full blast this season at a distance of at least 50 yards and had 6 out of 15-00 buckshot in her vitals.

Busta always has some VG input. What I see the TK2000 doing with today’s advancement in shot (TSS) and wads designed to use TSS in non-steel barrels like TPS is the pattern density. Putting IRC 240 #9 TSS 18gm/cc pellets in a 10” circle at 40 yds is dead turkey. Target is here in the media.
17 or 19 were in a 2” circle.
TSS shot is deadly awesome!
Turkey hunting friends want me to try a target at 60 yds after seeing what the 40 has done. Will give it a go.
I would wager the TK2000 will outperform other ML shotguns in distance + pattern + easy to load.
Probably opening a can of worms now. Lol Watch this post takeoff😁
Mine loves #6 shot and 00 buckshot too

I actually prefer the White, but both shoot dense patterns.

I'm actually going to take my gobbler this year with a .410 bore, using TSS #9. Counting my Thunder Chickens before they're dead of course.

Yep, 410 and 18gm/cc TSS is the new turkey gun. Smokeless speaking that is. Mucho less expensive shells too!
I buy 5lbs of the TSS shot at a time.

Ive heard a ton of nuthin but great things said about the TK2000 ( except for how brutal the recoil is on them with those turkey loads )
Why the heck is the thumbhole stock model TWICE the price of the standard stock models??? -720.00 on sale LOLLOLLOL - 770.00
I have zero probs spending 3-500.00 on one, but 7-800.00 HELL NO.
Maybe betwen now & next yr I'll get lucky enough to not only find a used thumbhole model in good cond for sale & have the funds avail when/IF that happens. Kind regards & have a great, successful, safe spring gobbler season all.
FUNNY- While I was just ending this messg 5 Osceola young Gobblers w/some hens walked right past my bdrm window. They cant ALL be suicidal...... or can they???????

Latest posts

Back