Knight tk2000

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Karr

Reaction score
Hi
I'm interested in purchasing (for turkey hunting) A knight tk2000 12 gauge shotgun. Or actually any Muzzleloading turkey gun. Thompson center, cva, traditions? But I do like what I see in the tk2000. I have searched all over the internet and just cant find a used one for sale. I can buy it outright or I do have a Thompson Center Omega thumbhole composite stock 50 cal with bushnell banner scope mounted on it I could trade?

Knight just had a sale on them. Sportmans Guide has them in stock too. Took me one Google attempt. First hit at the top? A new model is coming so they blew old the old stock.
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...n-with-straight-stock-realtree-xtra?a=1728578
Thanks for the reply gm-54. I did see that add. Some of them I have seen sold on certain sites sold for well under 300 bucks. So I am testing the water on something used. But I may end up buying that one? Prefer the thumbhole stock but may have to get the straight stock to get the gun. Fall turkeys down the road always so I’ll keeps trying. Thanks for the reply

Well, I realized I Hadn’t tried the two local gun shops near me yet. I called the first one and asked if they had any muzzleloading shotguns. I don’t think so but let me go check. He gets back on phone and says I have 1 knight tk2000. Holy crap! How much? 300 dollars. Hold it for me I’m on my way. I get there and they bought out all the guns from an estate sale. It’s thumbhole stock brand new never opened still in the box. Of course I bought it. 9CE65694-1409-4512-9DCD-ABD159EEC8E9.jpeg9CE65694-1409-4512-9DCD-ABD159EEC8E9.jpeg:dance:

I have put together all the supplies needed for the gun. Including a tactical red dot scope. Wow! what a beast! and so much fun to shoot. At 30 yards a good majority of the #5 shot groups in a 12" diameter circle. I did find that after maybe 8 or so shots through the gun the pattern opened up fairly substantial. I stopped and cleaned out the barrel. The pattern tightened back up again. Interesting? I thought (unlike my 50 cal TC) dirty barrel wouldn't make a difference with shot. Any input on why a dirty barrel would open up the pattern? After seeing the wide open pattern I cleaned the gun before making another shot. Possibly a fluke of some sort?

Latest posts

Back