Knight Ultra-Lite with LiFe Nitrided Barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
120grV of BH209 and a 300gr Parker will clock around 2100fps from the 45cal 27" barrel. 110grV and a 275gr is about the same speed. This is sabotless and legal in many states for deer and a few for elk. Its legal in New Mexico. Illinois for example you CANT shoot 45x40 sabots. 44cal bullet limitation BUT you can legally shoot a 45cal sabotless :D
So go conicals. Power bet elr? I shot power belts out of my .50 cal and i was impressed. -aero tips.

So go conicals. Power bet elr? I shot power belts out of my .50 cal and i was impressed. -aero tips.
I haven’t shot elr yet, was wondering how they performed, i gave up on power belts many years ago. They shot great , but performance on game was so so,thats my experience with them, but they do kill in close, I won’t shoot them again.

I haven’t shot elr yet, was wondering how they performed, i gave up on power belts many years ago. They shot great , but performance on game was so so,thats my experience with them, but they do kill in close, I won’t shoot them again.
Performance on the TC Shockwaves are the worse I ever seen. Especially under 50 yards

Far too many good 45cal bullets that cost less for me to waste my time using Powerbelts. You can buy bonded copper jacket bullets for under $2 each from Fury. IIRC his most expensive bullets are $80/50. The 300gr Lead Tips are just $44/50. That is far cheaper than a 300gr PB Plat or ELR even when you add in a 1000 bag of poly wads.
https://www.furycustombullets.com/webapp/p/223/black-powder-muzzleloader

Last edited:
Back