Knight Ultra-Lite with LiFe Nitrided Barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teambuffalooutdoors

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know there’s a few of you who want the ultra-lite or mountainee with the SNB. I’ve been in contact with Parker Trutec - the company Knight uses for their 3 step nitriding process.

Only the Vision right now is being offered in nitride. And we all know that is substandard compared to the Ultra-Lite or Mountaineer.
The contact at Parker is Bradley Hills.

Email: [email protected]

If anyone has an extra knight mountaineer or ultra-lite, DM me. I want to do a comparison video on shooting and cleaning with my Knight Original Disc SS and buddies’ CVA Accura Nitride and T/C Bone Collector Weathertech.

Do you know if knight is going to offer the ultra lite in nitride again, the email i got back from knight seems to say no,thanks
It is up in the air. I know they have vision barrels at Parker Trutec right now. I hope that’s not the case

Do you know if knight is going to offer the ultra lite in nitride again, the email i got back from knight seems to say no,thanks

I emailed Knight today specifically asking if and when they expect to have some nitrided ultra lites. I’ll let you know what they respond.

I'm sure this has been asked by my meager mind cannot recall....can stainless get the nitride job and is there any benefit to doing the stainless.

I hope so ,i have one i may send out after the season, figured I would buy the nitride one and sell the stainless one. I think bestill offers that service just not sure of the cost
I called and left Jeff from bestill a VM about that today. Will keep you posted

Here’s the answer from Knight-

“the UL in nitride has been discontinue at this time due to supplier issues. We are replacing the nitride with Cerakote here in near future. As for the LIttlehorn it has been discontinued as well.”

I’ve heard cerakote wear off, however. If you want your ML to last a lifetime and pass down, contact Bradley Hills from Parker Trutec to set up an account and see if Knight will send it directly from the plant. If you’re willing to spend the premium and cover the tab, they should do it.

-Travis

That video is terribly misleading because Cerakote does nothing to protect the bore and Traditions does not use SS at all. Can you imagine what the bore on that Traditions looked like when the first signs of rust showed on the CVA with nitride....I would wager it was toast by then.

Back