Knurling machine

Help Support Modern Muzzleloader:

brownisdown

Maybe inthe wrong section,if so please move it.I knurl all my hornaday 200 grain sst 40 cal for my sml and bh 209 powder muzzleloaders.I knurl by putting a bullet between 2 files and rolling them.Did someone on the forum make a machine that knurls the bullets without all that rolling?If some one does make one,would they do it and atwhat cost?All info is greatly appreciated.Or,if have info how to build one,send me a pm and I will try to do it myself.Thanks

HC

John Mankin, on In-line muzzleloader shooting nation, facebook group, he makes a simple knurling tool. I don’t know the cost?

LBAhunter

This might be what you are looking for.

Corbin HCT-2 Bullet Knurling Tool (corbins.com)

I just did an internet search for bullet knurling tool
There was another person, think on here, that they didn't use files. They used a pipe cutting tool, I think. The reason was when shooting sabotless, you didn't have to worry about a piece of file breaking off, sticking to the bullet and scarring the rifling.

brownisdown

I thought about one of the brake line cutting tools to run around the bullet.I shoot sabots,not to worried about a tooth breaking off and damaging the barrel.

Ninering62

John Mankin, on In-line muzzleloader shooting nation, facebook group, he makes a simple knurling tool. I don’t know the cost?
I have his contact info & tool pic & info. I'll pass that along from my phone shortly. Good call. I like that tool he makes.

jims

I am probably missing the information but I would like his address, phone, price etc. I might have interest. Hopefully would work on brass bullets. Thanks.

HC

You can contact him through Facebook messenger.

They also sell the HCT-1 which is meant for jacketed bullets.
But it's not a knurling tool...it puts channelures in the bullet which is not the same thing. Then I looked up the price list...😳 $198.00
I think not...
Then I saw they make a knurler made for jacketed bullets with hardened steel rollers...
😳😳$379.00!!! Not gonna happen. I stick with files.

But it's not a knurling tool...it puts channelures in the bullet which is not the same thing. Then I looked up the price list...😳 $198.00
I think not...
Then I saw they make a knurler made for jacketed bullets with hardened steel rollers...
😳😳$379.00!!! Not gonna happen. I stick with files.
Honestly I never looked at the prices. I will stick to files, too.

Ninering62

They also sell the HCT-1 which is meant for jacketed bullets.
I saw that HCT-1 too when I checked the link out. Its a swaging tool. I'd personally rather knurl my bullets than swage them. Then the nice price tag was another deterrent. That 50.00 knurling tool from John Mankin is lookin much better now lol

Latest posts