Latest cams?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonfly

Reaction score
This forum doesn't get much traffic but just looking for advise on what you think is the best bang for the buck camera. Entry level best buy. Any opinions?

Browning are hard to beat in the 100 to 150 price range, very good customer service.
I've got spy point cams too and they are very good. Just recently bought a spy point cell cam with solar panel, cats a$$ I'll tell you that.
Cheaper wild game innovations stealth and Tasco seem to take good photos too.

I run mostly Moultrie and have some that are going on their fourth year. Tasco's work but their images seem more blurry, especially in the dark .

I don’t spend much on my cameras as they go out on public land and I lose a few every year. I’ve got about half WGI’s that cost $30-$40 with batteries and an SD card and half Moultries that cost about $70 with batteries and card. They all work fine, take okay pictures and the battery life is very good, I left one out for a year and it never quit. I get the information I want from them even if the pictures aren’t as good as some others I’ve seen. I have 15 cameras in total if that matters. They vary in age from 5 years to new this year.

Last edited:
If your thinking about a cell cam look at the Tactic cam Reveal $100 & its really good
Yep, the Tactacam Reveal is not bad for the money. The cell plans don't break the bank either. I bought 3 of them. They seem to work pretty good. I will be bringing 2 of them to Ohio with me this weekend when we set up stands. Hope fully we get good cell coverage from back in the hollow where we hunt. It's nice when the pictures show up on your phone. Will let us know what is running around on the property and whether it's worth the 6 hour drive to go hunt.

Unfortunately finding a good battery has been a struggle for us this year. I wish the rechargeables lasted.

Unfortunately finding a good battery has been a struggle for us this year. I wish the rechargeables lasted.
Most of my cameras require AA batteries. I like to use Energizer Ultimate Lithiums. They are a little on the expensive side. However they usually last about 4 times longer then the Alkaline batteries so they are well worth it. Just make sure your camera will accept Lithium batteries before trying them.

Back