Leapers UTG 2-7 × 32mm Pistol Scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
This question is for those of you that already own one of these scopes.

What is the center-to- center measurement between the scope rings as you have mounted the Leapers 2-7x scope on your Optima V2 pistol?

Thanks, Bruce.

I am considering the possibility of a Javelina stocked, flintlock, .66 caliber, hunting pistol with an octagon-round barrel once I get settled down in Arkansas.

The breech diameter of the barrel would be large enough to allow for a machinist to mill integral, Talley, scope ring dovetail bases into the top flat of the octagonal breech.

The length of the octagonal breech, and the overall weight of the barrel/pistol would depend upon the required distance between the scope rings.

To add, there is about 3/8" adjustment front to back ~ 3/16" either way.
Thank you for the info, Caniborrowsomeammo.

Compared to other scopes that you have mounted, is the distance between centers on the Optima V2 pistol average, or shorter than average?

Not a lot of area, using the stock base mount I had to use a Weaver extended ring to mount the scope.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000V2DM2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
All in all, I like the setup, just couldn't use the rings that came with the scope.

If you are having your barrel milled for your rings (Talley) they better be very high as I only have about a 1/8" clearance between the hammer and the scope ocular bell when the hammer is at full firing pin strike.
I'll get a picture up soon, after the swelling in my leg goes down. I overdid myself this morning. 🥴

Not a lot of area, using the stock base mount I had to use a Weaver extended ring to mount the scope.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000V2DM2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
All in all, I like the setup, just couldn't use the rings that came with the scope.

If you are having your barrel milled for your rings (Talley) they better be very high as I only have about a 1/8" clearance between the hammer and the scope ocular bell when the hammer is at full firing pin strike.
I'll get a picture up soon, after the swelling in my leg goes down. I overdid myself this morning. 🥴

If I elect to go with a Rice barrel, the largest breech diameter that Jason can accommodate with his machinery is 1.330" across the flats octagon.

If I go with a Colerain barrel, then I would be able to increase that breech diameter to at least 1.4375" across the flats octagon. But, .62 caliber is the largest rifled bore available.

The larger the breech's diameter, the closer to the diameter of the scope's ocular bell the width of the barrel will be.

Another consideration is to use a Miquelet flintlock, instead of a French-style flintlock.
The Miquelet lock has a horizontal sear, instead of a vertical sear like most sidelocks that we are familiar with. Its mainspring is located on the outside of the lock plate, meaning that there is very little to inlet into the stock. The cock sits just a teeny bit further away from the barrel than the cock on a French flintlock.

If either barrel is made into a swamped shape, then the heavier breech section will be more than balanced out by the lighter waist and flared muzzle sections.

Last edited by a moderator:
That reminds me I have to make buttermilk sandwich bread today.
As for your bread, you listed every combination I don't like. So I'll pass. I can already smell the banana bread smell, and there are no bananas in the house, talk about the power of suggestion.

That reminds me I have to make buttermilk sandwich bread today.
As for your bread, you listed every combination I don't like. So I'll pass. I can already smell the banana bread smell, and there are no bananas in the house, talk about the power of suggestion.
Sorry about that. Doctor said no dairy anymore, so I am using coconut milk, full fat, in place of both cows milk, and butter. No sugar either, just a stevia baking substitute.

I've been doing NO KNEAD bread for several years now, and I really like the simplicity of the process. Flour-water-salt-yeast. Seeds & grains at the end if you want to bump it up a little in flavor.

Somebody gave me a box of 6 envelopes of QIA, Gluten-Free Oatmeal, Superspeeds & Grains. I used a pack in my last loaf of white sandwich bread. (Rolled oats, buckwheat groats, chia seeds, rolled amaranth, hemp seeds, sorghum flour, rolled quinoa). Adds 150 calories, 30 from fat.

I'm about to try the POOR MAN'S DUTCH OVEN, which I got off of the YouTube channel, artisanbreadwithsteve. It is nothing more than a second bread pan flipped upside down, and held in place with two large steel binder clips. I used to have a baking stone, and an aluminum peel. I made artisan bread, as well as individual thin crust pizza. Alas, poor me, no more dairy & tomatoes. Acid reflux & IBS.

Back