Leupold VX-6HD Scopes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew323

Reaction score
Does any member here have direct experience with any of the Leupold VX-6HD scopes.

In particular, I am interested in the VX-6HD, 1-6×24mm CDS-ZL2 riflescope with the FireDot Duplex illuminated reticle.

I am considering putting the one of these scopes on a Woodman Arms Patriot muzzleloading rifle.

It has a listed weight of 13.2 ounces. Combined with the 5.5 pounds of the Patriot rifle; the weight of the 30mm Patriot scope mount; a pair of steel, 1", GrovTec, Twist Lock, push button, sling swivels; and a Galco, 1", black nylon Riflemann's sling; the all up, loaded, ready-to-shoot field weight should come in at just under 7 pounds.

Trying to see if I can get a .54 caliber, Colerain barrel made in a tapered 30" length that will fit the Patriot action. Barrel would be for patched balls, and have Colerain's gain twist rifling, which ends with a 1:36 rate of twist at the muzzle.

Probably, just dispense with the ramrod pipe on the barrel, and carrying a ramrod on the rifle. I would then have to find a collapsible, folding, hopefully carbon fiber, 4-piece ramrod that could be carried in a belt pouch.

I have the VX 5 HD 1 x 5 24 Fire dot and love that scope. Just bought a VX5 HD in 2 X 10

I have a 6HD 2x12. Firedot Duplex also, Illuminated reticle hard to beat in low light. CDS worked as advertised 6.5 creedmore round though.

Not much difference between a VX6HD and the VX5HD. Main thing is you get the aluminum lens caps with the VX6HD. Those run about $100 a set. Maybe less.

So basically you are paying $400 more for 6x vs 5x, caps and a throw lever.

Latest posts

Back