leupold vx3i 2-10x40 vs. vxr patrol 3-9x40 30mm

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iv'e never tried a burris to be truthful. maybe next time the price drop comes around I'll jump on one.

The 2x10x42 Veracity FFP was on sale last year for $347 which is a steal for that scope. Its pretty much $499-$599 all the time. Reviews ive seen claim better than average tracking and nice optical quality. Plus they handle recoil well. Its main drawback is weight. Its 23ish ounces. Cant get a regular plex either.

I kinda like the one it has for a busy reticle though
opplanet-burris-ballistic-plex-e1-ffp-reticle.jpg

Get rid of the additional dots/dashes under the center and i would really like it for a FFP "plex".

The 2x10x42 Veracity FFP was on sale last year for $347 which is a steal for that scope. Its pretty much $499-$599 all the time. Reviews ive seen claim better than average tracking and nice optical quality. Plus they handle recoil well. Its main drawback is weight. Its 23ish ounces. Cant get a regular plex either.

I kinda like the one it has for a busy reticle though
opplanet-burris-ballistic-plex-e1-ffp-reticle.jpg
A couple of years ago i looked at a scope with a "Horus" reticle . That cured me from calling Any other reticle "busy" ever again !!! Lol !!!
Once you spend a little time with the pictured reticle and know the different distances of those marks a fairly quick shot really is no problem . Thats the beauty of it . Personally i like them Alot in the field . Many military short to medium range optics use this style of reticle for shooting to 400 to 600 yds with fairly low power magnification . My fov is 109ft @100yds so a closer running deer is no problem either whether field or woods . My 1x6 has this type of reticle . Very handy when practiced with at various distances quickly and extremely adaptable for hunting , especially when variably lighted at dawn or dusk low light conditions . Mine has horizontal hash marks for windy days too . I can also dial up my turrets too to get Really precise !!! All Very Valuable to me !!!

While the scope i spoke of isnt a Burris i do have a signature series 1 1/2x6 Burris thats been a rock solid scope on a really hard kicker . Great scope !!! Burris scopes , for me , have been a very good purchase and ive been very pleased with them . The ability to hold "zero" isnt much spoken of but a Burris has done this better than a loopie hands down for years . Dam important !!! I have a criteria different than most for what makes a scope worthwhile but ive also seen many others change their choices multiple times in a few years . I clean my lens , confirm zero and im ready to go . Reliability is King .

Last edited:
Burris offers a CDS type turret service for the Veracity. Dial and shoot. ...of course dialing requires good tracking also and it appears the Veracity tracks well for its price point.

My Razor HD LH is a little less busy. They have a new line of the HD LHTs too but them bad boys are a grand. If im spending a grand its gunna be on a NightForce. My HSR-4 reticle is growing on me.
https://vortexoptics.com/media/uploads/web_manual_reticle_HSR-4.pdf

Burris offers a CDS type turret service for the Veracity. Dial and shoot. ...of course dialing requires good tracking also and it appears the Veracity tracks well for its price point.

My Razor HD LH is a little less busy. They have a new line of the HD LHTs too but them bad boys are a grand. If im spending a grand its gunna be on a NightForce. My HSR-4 reticle is growing on me.
https://vortexoptics.com/media/uploads/web_manual_reticle_HSR-4.pdf
I really hear ya on the cost issue . I got a swat team buddy thats got an AR-10 with a Valdada Taticle on it . Wish i NEVER SAW IT !!! He did offer his swat team discount to me though . Be Dam Nice on a 40 sml in progress......

Last edited:
There are a bunch of super nice scopes when you start talking about $1000 price tags. Including some Loopies. I have no problem giving that kinda cash for a Japanese made scope. Some of them are extremely good. SWFA SS has a couple for about $700 i dont think you can beat for that price and they are super tough scopes. Nice eye relief and good tracking also. Zeiss V4s are made in Japan and getting better reviews than some other Zeiss models for durability.

Im probably gunna keep an eye out for a big sale on a Veracity. I wont give them $500 for it. Their new Signature HD line is cheaper but no reviews yet. I missed a smoking deal on a Loopie HD a couple months ago but i really didnt have the cash then either.

Back