Leupold VX3i 3.5-10x40 Duplex

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UTGrad

Reaction score
Have any of you folks paired your front loader with a VX3i 3.5-10x40? I bet it will make a nice optic for my next muzzleloader. I like Leupold’s eye relief and full sight picture.

Those are great scopes! That model I’ve seen on sale a few places for $299 lately and at that price it’s a steal.

That should be a really really good ML scope. IMO if it was a 2x10x40 it would be about perfect. It has all the bases covered pretty good

Nice eye relief
VERY reasonable weight and length
Better than average glass
Nice simple plex reticle

With that said i only love it at the sale pricing. At normal pricing its just a little better than ok. There are lots of good scopes in that range but not so much when you can pick one up for $300.

ATM you can get a Veracity in 2x10x42 for $337 and its a FFP scope. Weighs MUCH more though and its a 30mm tube. Thats a $500ish scope normal price.

Iv'e been thinking about this leupold and wondered how thick the crosshair is, it looks good and bold in the illustrations I have seen, which is what I want.

The crosshairs on this model are good to go! I like thickish bold crosshairs that I do not have to hunt for and these hit that mark. I’ve sold a handful of scopes that had great glass but the crosshairs were just to fine.

Burris just released the new Signature HD line of scopes and they are offering a 2x10. I like how the elevation turret is push/pull locking. Huge 120MOA adjustment range and well under 20oz for the 2x10x40. No Plex though in the 2x10 :(

GM54-120, how is the eye relief? thats a concern for me. many of them are decent until you crank them up to 9 power then you better be real careful how you hold that gun. I sure like the look of those burris scopes though. I have a zeiss terra 3-9x42 that is super brite but I put it on there last nite just to see and it's 2 inches from my glasses at 9 power, that would have been a good scope if it had been more. but I'm gonna have to read up on that scope GM54, you have my interest up.

3.5-3.8" is the spec on the Burris HD. That is not all that bad really. The reticle is one of the love it or hate it types. Sorta like a German #4...almost. I think i could learn to like it. My Razor HD LH has something close. It grows on you. I LOVE everything else about my Razor HD LH 2x10x40.
https://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/signature-hd-riflescopes/signature-hd-2-10x40mm
I like the Veracity better than the Signature HD but that is starting to get pretty heavy for a 2x10. Its also a lot more expensive.

GM54-120, have you looked through one of those burris hd 2-10x40's? I wonder how good it would do in low light. I like the reticle they show. I suspect with that price it may be made in the phillipines. that 120 moa turret adjustment range would let me keep the rings I'm using which I just love. I have been looking for customer reviews on the burris hd 2-10x40 and I guess it's just too new to have any. and then there is the durability question on the hd. It's a good short scope which would look good on the scout. anyone know someone who has bought one yet?

I would wager it is Philippines. Its a brand new model for 2020. Still waiting to hear more about them myself.

well I got the vx3i 3-9x40 duplex on the scout and I like this scope. once I got the ocular focused I saw that the reticle is indeed bold enough for my needs.

well I got the vx3i 3-9x40 duplex on the scout and I like this scope. once I got the ocular focused I saw that the reticle is indeed bold enough for my needs.

Are you sure about the above statement. I could be wrong it I don't think there's a 3-9 in the VX3i line

I'm sorry It is a 3.5-10x40 vx3i leupold. I am starting to have quite alot of scopes now and can't seem to keep the specs straight in my head, lol. I mounted it on burris signature zee rings with the offset inserts because I needed 25 moa for some reason, the gun shot low with 2 different scopes, and so when I ordered the vx3i I didnt want to use alot of the elevation with the stress of this guns recoil compounding the beating. the rings have worked very well. I would have rather gotten a 20 moa rail but it seems you have to have them made, they arent an off the shelf item for this gun. I'm shooting 1 inch groups at 104 yds with the setup now with the scope on 8 power.

everytime the wife catches me with a new scope, she makes me buy her another tractor or something like that. she always seems to walk in when I am mounting one and the box is laying there, lol

I would wager it is Philippines. Its a brand new model for 2020.

Few months ago there was a thread at 24hourcampfire about these scopes. They are made in China.

Political issues aside, not all Burris scopes are going to China. Doug explained this in an earlier thread. Only FF IV and new Signature line. Fullfield II stays in PI and inspection in Colorado where there are more likely commies than in China.

Burris blows China.... - 24hourcampfire

My leupold vx3i 3.5-10x40 worked great this season with 3 deer down at 209, 190 and 150 yds hunting soybean fields and kept it set on 10 power. It worked well in a low light situation also at 190 yds.

Back