Lk93 FPJ problem?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tc280

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
New guy here. I’ve been watching for a while, haven’t had anything to add to the conversation,so I was wondering if anyone shooting an lk93 with FPJ ever have the jacket come off the breechplug with 100grn T7 and 240-260 saboted bullets? Had this happen several times shooting Harvester 240-260funnel point in black crushrib sabots. This didn’t happen shooting Barnes 250tez with same charge. The Barnes loaded much tighter than the Harvester load. Thanks

I've had them randomly come off using 90 gr T7 (volume) and different bullet weights/sabot combinations using Win 209 primers.....all FPJ's were new.

I wonder if minuscule molding variations in the FPJ is the cause?

I've put 400-450 rounds through Lk-93s using 209s in the FPJ, had maybe 1-2 "pop" back.

Load was typically 2 x 777 pellets, and a 300 grain sabot in front of it.

New guy here. I’ve been watching for a while, haven’t had anything to add to the conversation,so I was wondering if anyone shooting an lk93 with FPJ ever have the jacket come off the breechplug with 100grn T7 and 240-260 saboted bullets? Had this happen several times shooting Harvester 240-260funnel point in black crushrib sabots. This didn’t happen shooting Barnes 250tez with same charge. The Barnes loaded much tighter than the Harvester load. Thanks

I am wondering about the size of the flash hole in the BP - if it has eroded to a larger diameter, it could be allowing more blow back pressure to escape back through the BP.

I am wondering about the size of the flash hole in the BP - if it has eroded to a larger diameter, it could be allowing more blow back pressure to escape back through the BP.
I was wondering the same. I bought the 209 conversion 10 plus years ago, but have only maybe 40 shots through it.

Back