Load recommendations for White Whitetail .451

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were made by Hunter280Man. I haven’t seen him around for awhile.
I got ahold of him about a montb ago . He quit his bullet bussiness and makes knifes now . No interest in making bullets anymore . Still got his Whites though ..Told me how he made them too .Swedged .002 under bore size and knurl to .002 over bore size . Lube and done . He said this way was best. .Especially for my .410 .

Last edited:
Too bad he did make excellent bullets. If I’m not mistaken I think Cecil Epp of PR Bullets makes the same bullet and I think they are related somehow ???
I dont know Ed . He told me cuz i mentioned i made a bullet knurler and had a .410 super 91 . I think he kinda had mercy on me for how hard it is to find good bullets for the 410 . He told me how he made the most accurate bullets for his .410 . Will work for BH too made this way . I'll just buy PP bullets and knurl them up . Gonna try BLL lube and. NASA and yours . Gonna get wads too for 45 .

Last edited:
Out of my .441 White I shot a 385 grain home cast, home made mold at 60 grains T7 3f that had the same trajectory out to 200 yards as the No Excuses 460 gns ahead of 100 gns T7 3f. Blasted a 3 point muley at 50 yard with the 60 grain load that dropped 10 feet from where he stood. Devastating damage with that load.

My youngest grandson shot a few does around 50yds with a load of 50gr of 777-3F and the 346gr Gould HP bullets that I cast. All were either DRT or like yours a short distance away. He's now a little older and is now shooting 60gr of 777-3F like you with the same Gould bullet.

I dont know Ed . He told me cuz i mentioned i made a bullet knurler and had a .410 super 91 . I think he kinda had mercy on me for how hard it is to find good bullets for the 410 . He told me how he made the most accurate bullets for his .410 . Will work for BH too made this way . I'll just buy PP bullets and knurl them up . Gonna try BLL lube and. NASA and yours . Gonna get wads too for 45 .
Good mornin Sideshow. Speakin on upsizing bullets by knurling them, what kind of tool is used to crimp those rings in a bullet to bump it up? What's it called & where can I buy one? I got some Parker bullets for my Paramount & he put 3 crimped rings in the bullets to bump them up to .4525 pending ambient temp they need a lil more tweaking. I would like to do this myself. But idk jack about it. Time to a acquire one & learn. Kind regards

Good mornin Sideshow. Speakin on upsizing bullets by knurling them, what kind of tool is used to crimp those rings in a bullet to bump it up? What's it called & where can I buy one? I got some Parker bullets for my Paramount & he put 3 crimped rings in the bullets to bump them up to .4525 pending ambient temp they need a lil more tweaking. I would like to do this myself. But idk jack about it. Time to a acquire one & learn. Kind regards
Ii use a knurler i made from a picture i downloaded off of dougs message boards . Pretty easy to do . Got a lathe knurling tool off ebay for the knurlers , couple pieces of angle iron i had , nuts and bolts and a couple springs for tension from hardware store . The picture is pretty self explaining i think . I LOVE this tool !!! So many uses !!!!

Ii use a knurler i made from a picture i downloaded off of dougs message boards . Pretty easy to do . Got a lathe knurling tool off ebay for the knurlers , couple pieces of angle iron i had , nuts and bolts and a couple springs for tension from hardware store . The picture is pretty self explaining i think . I LOVE this tool !!! So many uses !!!!
Wont let me edit this mornin .
I dont know what that "ring" tool is called . Saw one made fron a tubing cutter but it looked hard to use to me . They had put a washer in place of the cutting wheel . I really didnt like it how it was done . I got a handle to make bullet rotate on my knurler but on it was nothing to spin bullet . I dunno......

Out of my .441 White I shot a 385 grain home cast, home made mold at 60 grains T7 3f that had the same trajectory out to 200 yards as the No Excuses 460 gns ahead of 100 gns T7 3f. Blasted a 3 point muley at 50 yard with the 60 grain load that dropped 10 feet from where he stood. Devastating damage with that load.
That was supposed to say .451. Fat finger typing.........

I also found out using BLL I didnt need such a loose fit bullet to bore starting out before knurling . Accuracy improved greatly . Youll have to tinker quite a bit but its worth it !!!! I wanted something that wouldnt move off the powder and was accurate as possible . It has far exceeded my wildest dreams !!! Good luck with your experimintation !!!!

I saw this guy knurling Hornady sst bullets. These tools are available on amazon or ebay i believe.

Yep the one in his hand is the lathe tool !!!! Gotta be carefull with the file loseing teeth -- use a Good Quality File and look bullets over carefully for imbedded steel !!!!! This video is Much Simpler muzzy !!!! I Like !!!!

That was supposed to say .451. Fat finger typing.........
LOL I got them sausage fingers too. On broken up hands & arthritis settin in & pain pretty much all the time. Without auto correct & spell check my typing would be laughable. The big prob is that dang autocorrect dont understand redneck & jacks me up all the time. This is still really fun for me. Kind regards

I also found out using BLL I didnt need such a loose fit bullet to bore starting out before knurling . Accuracy improved greatly . Youll have to tinker quite a bit but its worth it !!!! I wanted something that wouldnt move off the powder and was accurate as possible . It has far exceeded my wildest dreams !!! Good luck with your experimintation !!!!
Awesome. Thanks bud

Latest posts

Back