Loads 36 Seneca & Patriot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think folk cracked more .45 Senneca rifles than .36. I'd sell my .36 maxi mold for $75.00! I', looking for Patriot parts also.
Thanks
Nit Wit

Keep in mind the TC Patriot Pistols are Patched Roundball “Target Pistols” They are NOT designed for Conicals (Bullets)

FIoQ2mi.jpg
That being said, my 45 Patriot shoots the 230 grain .456 Lee Old Army bullet beautifully.
Bob Gular

Lewis, Is a #9 BHN to hard in this application? I have some Hornady 158 gr .357 HPSWC. Was going to knurl up and give it a try in the 36 Seneca. The bore using pin gauges is spot on .360.
Waste of time ?
Greg

Lewis, Is a #9 BHN to hard in this application? I have some Hornady 158 gr .357 HPSWC. Was going to knurl up and give it a try in the 36 Seneca. The bore using pin gauges is spot on .360.
Waste of time ?
Greg

I have had the best luck in the 1:48 Twist using Pure Lead, I tried some hardened lead in the 9 BHN range (Paper Patched) in a .54 Cal years ago and it was Disastrous. That said, It would be an interesting test to try it in the .36 Seneca, You really aren’t out anything to try it, I say give it a Try & see what happens? I would definitely use a Good Over Powder Wad, maybe even a Card type Wad (Like Poly, or Vege Fibre) To create the Best possible Seal

Latest posts

Back