Locally

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pricey yes. But ya can't shoot what ya ain't got...
Does make flintlocks look better and better. They may just be the twinkie, cockroach, coyote and confused flour beetle of the firearms universe...

Sorry, can't see the prices, what were the primers and caps going for?

Thanks
John
Sorry, the prices were on the back. This shop is known to have a higher markup than most other small shops. They had T7 in both pellets and loose. Those prices were $34.95 each.

How much were the caps?
I found Triple 7 in a store near me for under $ 27.00 a pound.
Cheapest # 11 caps I can find are about $ 8.00 per hundred and musket caps for about $ 9.50 per hundred.

How much were the caps?
I found Triple 7 in a store near me for under $ 27.00 a pound.
Cheapest # 11 caps I can find are about $ 8.00 per hundred and musket caps for about $ 9.50 per hundred.
Honestly I can't remember. I seen all the stock while I was searching for a breech plug for a friend and quickly took a cell photo of it.

Rubbish CCI musket caps. My usual supplier hasn't had any issues with either caps or powder being in stock.

I haven't seen #11 caps in stock at either of the local stores that normally carry them for about 6 months.
Out of curiosity I look every time I have need to go to one of the stores.
Glad I keep a good supply of them.

Caps in here in VA when I stopped by Green Top outside of Richmond today were 10.99 for a hundred, Winchester brand and CCI musket caps were the same. I didn't buy any. Did find some 2 3/4 lead 5 shot and a can of Balllistol.

Stopped in a local place yesterday while the wife was at an appointment. They had rifle and rimfire ammo (limit one box per customer), caps, muzzleloader bullets of all sorts, 777, and blackhorn ($40). Had shotguns, but mighty low on rifles of any sort.
They were pretty much devoid of handgun ammo.

I burnt my Christmas gift certificate from a friend on 2 packages of clearance Slick Trick Magnum 100 grain broadheads. Cost me under $5 for 8 broadheads with the $50 gift certificate.

Back