Loggy's Super 91 Doe

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Well, I couldnt get up to my Sullivan County hunting camp till Sunday for PA Early ML Doe Season. Saturday was the Opening of our PA (One Week) Early ML Doe Season. I hunted Monday morning from my treestand & saw 2 button bucks & one other deer which didnt offer me a clear shot. There were no hunters back in Wyoming State Forest at all. Temps were warm so I thought in the afternoon I would still hunt around the ridge.

I started to make my way slowly around the ridge & I spied a doe feeding out ahead of me about 75 or so yard. She never saw me.The wind was in my face & blowing fairly hard making noise to cover me. I raised my White Super 91 .504 Caliber slowly and place crosshairs just behind shoulder. My favorite meat saver spot. :grin: I squeezed off & the Super 91 roared leaving a white cloud of smoke. The doe flipped on its back & appeared to done immediately. The 75 grains 3fg 777 load pushing that big ole .503 sized 460 Grain No Excuse conical produced another swift/clean kill. :)

Well, its Monday & I have the week off. I took deer to local butcher & he said he could have done by Wednesday. I said "no hurry" cause I already called home & told the Mrs. it may take till Thursday at the earliest to get deer done & for me to come home. :grin: :grin: I live bout 150 miles from my huntin camp. I spent Tues & Weds doing some Turkey & Bear scouting. Man, what beautiful weather I had to enjoy those magnificant out of doors! :)

Pic of Doe, Me & my White Super 91 .504 In-Line:

DSCF0191.jpg

Pic Of No Excuse 460 Grain damage. Great expansion.The other small hole below exist was from my spreader stake:

DSCF0188.jpg

Great story Larry! Man, between you and Tom, Im about to get in the car and head over to PA and join you guys!!! Looks like you are having a great time!

Happy eating! Cant wait to see pics of that monster buck later this year.

JJ

Good huntin' Loggy!

Isn't it great to be back in the woods! :yeah:

Thanks JJ & Chuck.

Those backstraps fried-up from a lil doe almost beats sex. Almost that is. :lol:

Been seein some decent bucks here in PA but our firearms buck season doesnt open til Monday after Thanksgiving. Before then...Turkey & Black Bear will be the chase. :lol:

Your right there Chuck, sure great to spend some time in the woods. :)

Yeah Chuck. PA Bear Season opens 11/21 for 3 days. Then, in WMU No.3B where my Camp is (For the first time ever!) it will run concurrently with the PA's Regular Deer Season which opens the Monday After Thanksgiving. Looks like I will need to leave a photo of ole Loggy on the Wife's pillow so she remembers how ugly I am. :lol: :lol:

Run them bear over my way Loggy. I'm going to try to nail one again.. :wink: I'll be there for the first 3 days. Congrats on the fine doe! She'll be some good eatin'.. :wink:

Loggy said:
Yeah Chuck. PA Bear Season opens 11/21 for 3 days. Then, in WMU No.3B where my Camp is (For the first time ever!) it will run concurrently with the PA's Regular Deer Season which opens the Monday After Thanksgiving. Looks like I will need to leave a photo of ole Loggy on the Wife's pillow so she remembers how ugly I am. :lol: :lol:

COOL Loggy! I hope you get one! Do you see very many?

I saw a large bear this past summer. My friend & I were shootin our 9 MM's etc. ...hundreds of shots over a 1-2 hour period. After one round of shooting we were walking back from targets & there was a 250-300 lb bear between us & table. Unbelievable that a bear would be anywhere near the tremendous noise that we were making. The bear just slowly walked within 30 yards of us & went on his merry way. Hope i get a chance to greet him during Bear Season!

In PA we average anywhere between 2-3 thousand bears harvested per year. I think there were about 132,000 or so bear hunters in PA in 2004. Ave is around 1 per 50 hunters or so. Published 2004 success rate was just a tad over 2%. Not a slam dunk for sure. :lol:

I predict that this year there will be a record kill due to running bear concurrently with Regular Deer Season in WMU 3B (in addition to traditional 3 day season) plus there seems to be a growing Bear population.

Loggy score again, some things never change. Now time to bag another yote right Loggy?

Back