LongHunter Society- New entries and Photo contest

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
Just FYI:
I pulled this off the official NMLRA Facebook page.
4C373F24-0A0D-452D-ADEF-016FBD692425.jpeg
4D71A9F5-21A6-4BD8-BDCE-723AC1AFD54B.jpeg

I see this is for members only. It refers to record class animals. I want to know based on what scoring system? Does any representative example male of a species qualify or does it only qualify if it is like SCI, Boone and Crockett, etc. type score?

i'm sure its the B&C scoring but the entry minimums are lower than B&C but higher than P&Y
Think the mule deer is 145

I see this is for members only. It refers to record class animals. I want to know based on what scoring system? Does any representative example male of a species qualify or does it only qualify if it is like SCI, Boone and Crockett, etc. type score?

I didn’t read anything about members only- where did you see that?
I also read they use the B&C System.

Here is the link to the LongHunter Society.
https://www.nmlra.org/long-hunter-society

Last edited:
I didn’t read anything about members only- where did you see that?
I also read they use the B&C System.

Here is the link to the LongHunter Society.
https://www.nmlra.org/long-hunter-society

Thanks for the Link 52, Anything to do with Animal Record Book Stuff REALLY interests me, this will keep me Busy digging through each animal Species, State, And what Muzzleloader was used? A Whitetail Buck in the 160-170 Range is a DREAM of mine, and a Fairly TALL Order to fill. Back in 05 i added a Ranked Pope & Young (Archery) Mule Deer Buck from Wa State in the Record Books

Thank you for the clarification. After further review I do not see a "member" requirement afterall. I just like the pin program for myself, but I think this year's Pronghorn with a flintlock will make the 63 minimum with room to spare, so I'm going to send it in when it passes the drying period. Again, thanks for the link and for making us aware of this program.

The new LHS Pronghorn record.
Posted on the official NMLRA Facebook page.

2C3119A6-7DAF-4668-B9DA-0DBD62954600.jpeg

Back