Look Who’s Hanging Out at the Neighbors

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our seasons are all over with for this year. I need to try and figure out where he spends his summers. I guess there are supposed to be some massive bucks that winter right down in here where we moved to.
TheDWR did just open an extended archery hunt here because the longtime residents bitched so much about the damage to fences and gardens etc... yet I heard getting permission to hunt their property is almost a no-go. You do have to draw an archery permit for that hunt, and I put in for Muzzy or Dedicated Hunter. Dedicated Hunter allows you to hunt all seasons for three years, but you can only tag two animals during the three years. You have to do a bunch of service hours also, that benefit wildlife, to qualify once you draw the permit.

Our seasons are all over with for this year. I need to try and figure out where he spends his summers. I guess there are supposed to be some massive bucks that winter right down in here where we moved to.
TheDWR did just open an extended archery hunt here because the longtime residents bitched so much about the damage to fences and gardens etc... yet I heard getting permission to hunt their property is almost a no-go. You do have to draw an archery permit for that hunt, and I put in for Muzzy or Dedicated Hunter. Dedicated Hunter allows you to hunt all seasons for three years, but you can only tag two animals during the three years. You have to do a bunch of service hours also, that benefit wildlife, to qualify once you draw the permit.
One of the great things about Michigan is the deer season. In one form or another it goes from late September(early youth hunt) thru January 31st(late antlerless private land hunt) now. If it ended before November I probably ŵouldnt hunt at all.

That's a nice city buck! Would see them all the time when I lived/worked in the Salt Lake area. I feel your pain, Utah does not offer alot of hunting opportunity and it's getting more difficult to draw a tag. It's good to see a mature buck has survived another Utah hunting season.

Latest posts

Back