looking at a couple whites

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking at a couple whites friday.
One is said to be a 504 tiger wood.
The other is white shooting thunder 12 ga.
without seeing these yet, have no other info.
Trying to figure out a value, any ideas???
figure good condition and I will go from there

With out any other information you could be 250 to 600 on both

Look on doc White website. I would say the W series is top of the line then G series.
I have a thunder shotgun. Great gun! One sold last week on GunBroker for over $450.

I love my G Series Whitelightings they are much lighter in weight than the other Whites and shoot just as good.

1/4 inch drive ratchet,1/4 extentsion (3") 3/8 deep well socket, channel locks, rag. If they are "G" series some times the action cap can be tight. Put the rag over the cap and use the channel locks, carefully. If they are "W" series you can take the action screw out with a coin.

If you don’t know the model of the rifle, I would also take an Allen wrench set, a 5/16” and 7/16” deep well sockets. The early super 91’s used a spring clip with a small Allen screw holding it in place to remove the plunger assembly, you just have to loosen the front screw then the rear screw is threaded into a small barrel nut (don’t loosen this screw) that pulls out and swings out of the way to withdraw the plunger. Some of the early models also had a 5/16” hex on the breech plug.

Our meeting to see these never happened. I must have ask too many questions or they were not in good condition. Something caused him to stop communication and not give address for me to see them

Back