Looking for a bullet, Traditions Tracker 24" barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trevorno

Reaction score
Hi, I'm seeking a bullet recommendation for a Traditions Tracker inline muzzleloader. 24" Barrel 1 in 28 twist. I use musket caps. I've shot 250gr Hornady SST's with their supplied sabots over 90gr of 777 in the past. I've never gotten much a group with this setup. They seem to load okay, a little tight, but manageable. I'm looking for a reliable 100 yard shot setup. Longer would be a bonus. Whitetail hunting.

I would try some Xtp bullets with crush rib sabots. Start around 70 grains and work up. You will start to see the group tighten.

I had one a few years ago It was my first INLINE ML and it was a really good shooting gun. I had two different loads that I shot threw in #1 was 90 gr of 2F 777 with a TC 350 gr maxi hunter with a felt wad over the powder 1.5" @ 100 yds and my second load was 90 gr 2F 777 with a .430 300 gr XTP in smooth green sabot from Harvester 1.5" @ 100 yds killed several deer with that ol gun. Sold it to a friend of mine and his first yr with it killed a 187" BC with a 240 gr XTP MAN just my luck lol

240/300 gr xtps as stated, usually very accurate in 1:28 twist guns.Deadly on deer, which ever sabots give you the best accuracy/fit.
Also seem to shoot best with 80-100 of chosen powder, used mostly pyrodex rs with them but have used 777 also.

So, like a .452 250 or 300 grain xtp plus a sabot? I'll give it a try.

Latest posts

Back