Looking for ML scope UPDATED

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Ultimate Firearms Black Widow with the recommended load has shook the guts out of a Leupold VX 6 and destroyed a set of Leupold rings and bases. I would say it's about equal to a .460 Weatherby, maybe worse.
not many people are using 200 grains of powder and a 300 grain bullet I was not aware of such a gun

I forget who said it above but if you can grab a Diamondback HP for $200 jump on it and don’t look back. Those are fantastic scopes!

Good news...i finally found a Burris FFII. They quit making these. They replaced them with Chinese made FF IVs and some E1s which i dont like nearly as much. The FFIIs were probably one of the best made sub $200 scopes but relief is a bit tight.

$147 and change. The ballistic plex is super simple. Much like the HPs BDC reticle
https://www.amazon.com/Burris-Fullfield-Ballistic-Rifle-Scope/dp/B000MM2QSK
These are the same scopes originally used by Ultimate Firearms (Okemos, Michigan) before they sold the patent rights to Remington. I purchased my "Ultimate BP Express" which came with the Burris 3-9x40 Fullfield II Ballistic Plex. Great scope with no issues except now with my eyes ... ~20 years since.

I have had excellent results from my Nikon 3x9x40 Slughunter BDC scopes. Nikon quit making them, but the other day when you posted, I found a couple of them, new old stock. Today I look, and I only found one so far and I don't recognize the website name so I don't know if they are legit.

https://www.medanvision.com/list-pr...-3-9x40mm-riflescope-w-bdc-200-reticle-detail
If you can find one of those, snatch it up. I actually wish I'd bought the one I found a few days ago. I have one of these on my Mossberg 12ga rifled barrel and it takes a beating. Nikon optics are crystal clear. If I find a place with more than one, I'll post it here after I buy the first one lol.
never ordered from Medanvision, researching the website got mixed review on them being a legit website. Anyone confirm?

GM whats your thoughts concerning the Burris FFII vs the diamondback hp ?
not a red cresent club member yet , but i am trying to avoid it ;) .

I like the DB HP better for 2 reasons....better eye relief and side focus. Plus it comes with a sun shade. Optically they are fairly similar in glass quality. Slight edge to the HP on glass and slight edge to the FFII on build. Both have been made for ages at the same Scopro factory.

Vortex has made plenty of duds too. The HPs and some of the Vipers are not bad at the sale pricing. Ive seen many posts of Vipers failing but not so much in the Viper HS line. Their top shelf stuff is made by LOW in Japan. I never bothered with the lower end Vortex just because either the relief blows or they are made in China.

Ive got a Razor HD LH and optically its far better. The glass is very very nice but its not worth squat for dialing. My $300 Sightrons will dial better and probably take more abuse too but they weigh nearly half a pound more.

The scope to look out for is a Sightron SII BigSky 3-9x42....Great Japan quality, good turrets/weight/eye relief. There are a couple SIIs on Ebay but make sure its a Big Sky model.

This one is really hard to find
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2041519436...5kaWdcp4mPNZsUJQX372wYtQI=|tkp:Bk9SR5rwyuWSYQ

Last edited:
I think that at that price point you would probably do well to look at Vortex Scopes. I have a couple of their more affordable scopes and have been impressed with them for the price.

So I'm looking for a ML scope and I made a previous thread but would like to reiterate some things. I won't be shooting further than 200 yards, preferably looking for a scope without the bells and whistles, i.e yardage dialing, stuff like that. Just straight wall rifle scope.
Thanks guys. Again looking to stay preferably under 200 if possible. Or as close to it

Keep check on the classifieds on the boards (MML, Hank's, and Doug's). I just purchased a NIB Sightron 3-16x42 for my CVA Scout 45-70 conversion at near your price point.

So I'm looking for a ML scope and I made a previous thread but would like to reiterate some things. I won't be shooting further than 200 yards, preferably looking for a scope without the bells and whistles, i.e yardage dialing, stuff like that. Just straight wall rifle scope.
Thanks guys. Again looking to stay preferably under 200 if possible. Or as close to it
Get a3 x9 that had a life time warranty I have mostly Leopold scopes they are covered for lifetime even if you damage it and made in usa I have a Kronos on my accura that came with it so far its been great, but if it fails it will be a Leopold after that all of my other guns have Leopolds now. Just make sure it has a warranty on it and the eye relief that works for you.

Latest posts

Back