Looking for the elusive Weaver GS bases for W series Super 91

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heelerx2

Reaction score
Does anyone have a spare Weaver GS S442 Base they'd be willing to part with?
I found the S455 at NUMRICH.
I have a Super 91 I purchased new from a Gent in Harrisonburg Va back in the early 90's.
She's been in the safe for sometime but recently I have wanted to start shooting her again.

Was thinking of using the Burris XTR rings with the +/- inserts to see how far i can engage steel!

Let me know if anyone has suggestions for locating this base.

Thanks for looking!

Hopefully i'll be posting some stories about the shooting soon!

Thanks,
Chad

You may find these will work. I got this info from Underclock when I was looking for bases for my White M97 & M98.

Weaver base #35 on the rear, #11 on the front.

I have a Super 91 I purchased new from a Gent in Harrisonburg Va back in the early 90's.
She's been in the safe for sometime but recently I have wanted to start shooting her again.

Was thinking of using the Burris XTR rings with the +/- inserts to see how far i can engage steel!

Thanks for looking!

Thanks,
Chad
Let me check I might have weavers I personally don't like them so if I have them I'll sell them

thanks for the replies. I do have the Weaver 35 and 11 bases. I am really hoping to find the steel Weaver grand slam bases.
Currently the gun is equipped with the old Warne Premier steel bases and qd rings. They work great! Just hoping to put the Burris XTR rings on to try....

Thanks for looking!

Thanks,
Chad
I'm not familiar with those rings/bases I'll have to check into them

Decided to order the Warne M848/848 BASES. They are supposed to fit the same applications as the Weaver #11. Only problem might be that the thickness is different...
Keeping my fingers crossed.

If it helps any, I cross referenced the Weaver base number over to a Leupold quick release base and used Leupold qr rings. Works great and I can take my scope off and clean it up.

So what did you order in case someone else needs them?
I do apologise I should have spoken up and told what I got. I purchased quick release bases for a Remington 700. They fit perfectly and ha e served me well fro many years. I have yet to take the scope off and on and lose the zero.

The Remington 700 and White Super 91 have alot in common. Good to know the bases are the same!

I don't think they are the same. The rear mount on a 700 has a different radius on the underside of the base. We need to get Warne to make more bases for "G" and "W" series rifles. I talked to Warne a few years back and they said they would need a big order to make it worthwhile for them to haul the tooling out. I got the last three sets they had in their storage warehouse. They were rusty and had to be be refinished. I'm hoarding them.

The Warne 848 are supposed to show up tomorrow. I'll let you know if they work for the front bases or not.

Well...., we just finished doing inventory at work and i forgot to bring the darn things home...., ugh!
Will have to wait til monday to find out if they work.

If they don't work maybe I can help out,I have some that are cut BUT they are Weaver Steel bases.

I just sent a set of Warnes to Jay in Hawaii a little while back. I wasn't using them.

Back