Looking to purchase help!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Footindave

Reaction score
Approximately two yrs ago I replaced my encore with a new cva paramount hoping that was my ticket. Great accurate gun the little I shot it but it’s just to big and heavy for my style of hunting.
Shortly thereafter I bought each of my boys a cva accura mr, again good accurate light gun but they are not just tripping my trigger with the aluminum frame .
I’m looking for a good quality well built gun for a 1000.00 or less. I’ve never owned a knight but can remember the mk 85 and the disc when they were new.
are they still doing well? Any suggestions are appreciated

Knight ultra lite, you won’t be sorry, I have the 50 and 45, the 45 is my preferred gun as of now, good luck

Thanks for the opinions, I am looking into them now, standard 209 only ? Or plastic jacket? Pros cons?

Get the plastic jacket and order the Lehigh bare primer adapter and plug from Lehigh. I have both and the Lehigh set up is way better, plus you will get a plug with a replaceable vent liner. bad ass set up you will be happy with

Knight Mountaineer, or the Knight Ultra-Lite if i was looking for a Lightweight Hunting Rifle.

My Old Knight Mountaineer in Action, 45 Cal 1:20 Twist

Approximately two yrs ago I replaced my encore with a new cva paramount hoping that was my ticket. Great accurate gun the little I shot it but it’s just to big and heavy for my style of hunting.
Shortly thereafter I bought each of my boys a cva accura mr, again good accurate light gun but they are not just tripping my trigger with the aluminum frame .
I’m looking for a good quality well built gun for a 1000.00 or less. I’ve never owned a knight but can remember the mk 85 and the disc when they were new.
are they still doing well? Any suggestions are appreciated
I have 2 MK 85 listed in the for sale form. 1 is new in the box, the other is super clean. Both are pretty light weight.

No sure what type of accuracy you are looking for, but here is a target I shot today with a plane Jane T/C Triumph and T/C Shock Wave bullets.D189F498-228B-452E-8E68-7F5CEABEE886.jpegThat is at 100 yds from a rest. I used 2 pellets of T7 at 50 grains each . I tried two 60 grain T7 pellets and those are the two widely spaced holes at the top of the target. I will stick with 100gr.
I know this is a “ T/C hate thread” but I will be happy to take this rifle and this load hunting.
If I ever decide to shoot bore sized lead bullets, I have an older Knight LK-93 that has a great bore, and excellent trigger.

No sure what type of accuracy you are looking for, but here is a target I shot today with a plane Jane T/C Triumph and T/C Shock Wave bullets.View attachment 16278That is at 100 yds from a rest. I used 2 pellets of T7 at 50 grains each . I tried two 60 grain T7 pellets and those are the two widely spaced holes at the top of the target. I will stick with 100gr.
I know this is a “ T/C hate thread” but I will be happy to take this rifle and this load hunting.
If I ever decide to shoot bore sized lead bullets, I have an older Knight LK-93 that has a great bore, and excellent trigger.
No sure what type of accuracy you are looking for, but here is a target I shot today with a plane Jane T/C Triumph and T/C Shock Wave bullets.View attachment 16278That is at 100 yds from a rest. I used 2 pellets of T7 at 50 grains each . I tried two 60 grain T7 pellets and those are the two widely spaced holes at the top of the target. I will stick with 100gr.
No tc hating going on, I have have plenty tc guns , all great shooters, I just really love that ultra lite in 45

I know this is a “ T/C hate thread”

Definitely not a TC hate thread. I have 3 TC's and they are great rifles. They did however get rid of the Omega which may have been one of the dumbest moves ever by any company.

To the OP, if I was buying a new rifle, I would look at a Knight UL, in fast twist .45 (if your state allows it, and it fits your needs). You can shoot saboted rounds (.40 cal), or lots of options for full bore.
A .50 cal will also work nicely, if you prefer saboted (.45 cal).

Back