Looking to purchase help!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good used Omega will not disappoint. But if you want: light, accurate, easy to maintain and don't want/ need to use 209s, then find a old TC Firehawk. The one I have is my "be all to end all". If " Calico" had been my first rifle, she'd have been my last. Plus, the Firehawk is legal everywhere.

Approximately two yrs ago I replaced my encore with a new cva paramount hoping that was my ticket. Great accurate gun the little I shot it but it’s just to big and heavy for my style of hunting.
Shortly thereafter I bought each of my boys a cva accura mr, again good accurate light gun but they are not just tripping my trigger with the aluminum frame .
I’m looking for a good quality well built gun for a 1000.00 or less. I’ve never owned a knight but can remember the mk 85 and the disc when they were new.
are they still doing well? Any suggestions are appreciated
I have a paramount & an Accura V2, love them both. Go take a good look at the Woodman Arms Patriot break action. It's light & very well made.

But if you want: light, accurate, easy to maintain and don't want/ need to use 209s, then find a old TC Firehawk.

Yes. About 8 years ago i bought a shop worn, probably unfired, .54 Firehawk from a pawnshop for $100. It's the most accurate muzzeloader i own. Easy to clean, no breech plug to deal with. Shoots patched round balls well too.

Latest posts

Back