Loose Powder Recommendations and Why...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use triple seven in my #11 cap rifles and shotgun. Blackhorn in the 209 primer CVA Optima V2's, due to no swabbing both ways. Each cleans up different, but that is part of it. As long as the freezer gets full I'm happy!:) You can't use T7 with a 209 primer without a crudring/swabbing and you can't use BH209 in a #11 caplock inline/sidelock, simple!

Swiss black. 3f flavor specifically. Indefinate shelf life( properly stored)quite powerful ( almost Triple 7 level), no crud ring, no special primers or breech plugs, easily ignited and no gouging fouling out of breech plugs.
If that wasn't enough, superb accuracy and consistency. When my shot to shot variations get much above 15 fps, I'm doing something wrong. Not the cheapest, but its NEVER let me down.
If your shooting anything other than Black horn 209, you should swab between shots. With that in the mix, good old Holy Black is at least as good as any.

If i could ask a related question, i just purchase a Lyman GPH and I figured I'd use T7, but The manual says it can only shoot black powder or pryodex. Does T7 fall under that? What about BH209, or is that only for 209 primers, which i wont be using due to local regs (#11 and musket caps only). Do sidelocks like certain types more so than inlines?

Latest posts

Back