LOVE STRUCK Gobblers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I ran in to these Characters yesterday, Well over 200 of them in about a 1/2 mile of this Gravel Rd, They Had this Rd Covered up. There was Flocks Above, and Below the Rd, on up the Rd, EVERYWHERE. The Ole Gobblers are LOVE STRUCK šŸ˜ our Season opens the 15th :lewis:

IqQgu0Pl.jpg

zhWaghvl.jpg

hhE6kKil.jpg

sPFPZnGl.jpg

mGinQXDl.jpg

QvFFDazl.jpg

Last edited:
I just read a disturbing memo from Idaho fish and game. No more sales of spring species hunting license for non residents. There goes turkey hunting and spring bear for me:mad:

Serious? I will go read, I havenā€™t heard anything like that?

I read that they are not selling any more fishing licenses to non res .

Even here in Oklahoma, if a non-resident hunter wants to come out here, they have to quarantine for 14 days prior to hunting.
Nobody has time for that, so why come out here.
Just WOW! I can see more than one perspective on that. At first reading the orig comment I couldn't help but wonder if it were bc of species population growth or decline or this virus BS. Some may wonder why anyone just goin hunting out in the woods or wilderness could spread any virus or be of any concern. But its not just goin hunting that needs to be taken into serious consideration. Its the extra out of town ppl from who knows where or what their prior contact is stopping in the sporting goods stores, walmarts for licenses, ammo, gear, the liquor stores for medicinal anti freeze, to the gas stations for fuel, coffee, smokes, to the doughnut shops & fast food joints all these extra ppl will be coming in direct contact with LOOOONG B4 they ever get near any woods to hunt in. Then after the hunt is over, the check in stations, & everything else needed to stop in at to get back wherever they came from. Then the concerns of what or who they may have come in contact with while on that hunting trip they now are exposing their own fam & their own hometown ppl to any/all of it. Me personally,I'll still just like the rest of my life will go wherever I want, do whatever I want, whenever I want to & not hide or live in fear of this virus or anything or anyone else especially " what another man-made god may or may not be able to do to me after I'm dead. I'm just not made like that & so darn happy & proud of that too. But it doesn't mean that I don't educate myself first & foremost & don't use my own head to think for myself, use common sense & perhaps some caution when warranted thats for dang sure.

Last edited:
This morning is Opening Day of Turkey Season here, And Raining!! :( I havenā€™t even got my Hunting License, and Tags yet. I was stil gonna go this morning, I JUST got done running by our 1 Convenient Store That Sells F&G License/Tags, They usually open at 5:00am, NOT Now? Probably due to the Covid 19 Mess? Anyway, itā€™s just now Starting to get Daylight, Im Back home, Headed down in my Dungeon to Cast Bullets. There will be better Days ahead for Turkey Hunting :lewis:

This morning is Opening Day of Turkey Season here, And Raining!! :( I havenā€™t even got my Hunting License, and Tags yet. I was stil gonna go this morning, I JUST got done running by our 1 Convenient Store That Sells F&G License/Tags, They usually open at 5:00am, NOT Now? Probably due to the Covid 19 Mess? Anyway, itā€™s just now Starting to get Daylight, Im Back home, Headed down in my Dungeon to Cast Bullets. There will be better Days ahead for Turkey Hunting :lewis:
Our spring season is over in 2 more days. The 16th is the last day. It rained all day & night here yesterday & is so far doin the same today. I can kill one more bird legally here & bein on private land i dont need to worry about any liscenses or extra tags for anything unless i hunt elsewhere where i absolutely have to. I do however try to register my deer kills but not 100% of the time. Where im from we use to have to go to a " check in station " not only for deer, but turkey as well as black bear. In Fl now IDK if they do that down here or its all online everywhere now??? The turkey have thrived & grown to the point here that i could shoot one a wk all yr long & make no impact at all on their growth population or future. The fact is, hardly anyone hunts them around here. If they arent started gettin managed/culling the population, they will before very long run out of area & food to exist on their healthy successful current level. Good luck, stay safe as ya can & have fun.

Our spring season is over in 2 more days. The 16th is the last day. It rained all day & night here yesterday & is so far doin the same today. I can kill one more bird legally here & bein on private land i dont need to worry about any liscenses or extra tags for anything unless i hunt elsewhere where i absolutely have to. I do however try to register my deer kills but not 100% of the time. Where im from we use to have to go to a " check in station " not only for deer, but turkey as well as black bear. In Fl now IDK if they do that down here or its all online everywhere now??? The turkey have thrived & grown to the point here that i could shoot one a wk all yr long & make no impact at all on their growth population or future. The fact is, hardly anyone hunts them around here. If they arent started gettin managed/culling the population, they will before very long run out of area & food to exist on their healthy successful current level. Good luck, stay safe as ya can & have fun.
I hunt deer in a gentle rain . I didnt know you couldnt hunt turkey then too .

You definitely can hunt them in the Rain, But Iā€™m NOT gonna! I donā€™t care enough about them to get wet over it šŸ˜‰ There will be nicer days, like tomorrow morning :lewis: Nobody Around here hunts them to Speak of, in fact a LOT of the Locals, Especially Farmers consider them VERMIN, They HATE them!! They get in their Barns in the Winter andšŸ’© All over their Hay. And if you Ever Make the mistake of Feeding them Around your House, you will have a NASTY MESS on your Hands, Actually your Feet, you walk through your house without Realizing and your Wife gives you one of THESE šŸ˜² Then these šŸ¤¬

Not a matter of " can or can't " my friend, them turkey like deer behave much differently when theres heavy rain & high winds, even a light mist & slight breeze effects their behavior & movement. Turkey huntin is challanging enough under great conditions. Not pre hunt eve roost locate scouting makes things more difficult. Then compound that with wind, rain, motion of everything from the wind, the noise all that makes all way more difficult. They hunker down settle in & dont move much & are not out in open fields much at all from my exp. On a day like this, unless i went out the eve before, located them in their roost, know the area & my best bet to set up pre dawn with decoys, a few types of calls (bein proficient with a diaphram call in wet weather is a big plus when a wet friction call is worthless) & have cover for myself i would not go turkey hunting today. Hope some of all that made sense lol

You definitely can hunt them in the Rain, But Iā€™m NOT gonna! I donā€™t care enough about them to get wet over it šŸ˜‰ There will be nicer days, like tomorrow morning :lewis: Nobody Around here hunts them to Speak of, in fact a LOT of the Locals, Especially Farmers consider them VERMIN, They HATE them!! They get in their Barns in the Winter andšŸ’© All over their Hay. And if you Ever Make the mistake of Feeding them Around your House, you will have a NASTY MESS on your Hands, Actually your Feet, you walk through your house without Realizing and your Wife gives you one of THESE šŸ˜² Then these šŸ¤¬
I didnt know you had farms up there Lewis !!! Thats Great !!! :thumb: Do you get to hunt on any of them for turkey or deer ?? If they hate turkeys that might be a good foot in the door !!! Works for me here hunting small game , ground hogs , or coyotes !!! Im usually in for deer then too .

Latest posts

Back