LOVE STRUCK Gobblers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a matter of " can or can't " my friend, them turkey like deer behave much differently when theres heavy rain & high winds, even a light mist & slight breeze effects their behavior & movement. Turkey huntin is challanging enough under great conditions. Not pre hunt eve roost locate scouting makes things more difficult. Then compound that with wind, rain, motion of everything from the wind, the noise all that makes all way more difficult. They hunker down settle in & dont move much & are not out in open fields much at all from my exp. On a day like this, unless i went out the eve before, located them in their roost, know the area & my best bet to set up pre dawn with decoys, a few types of calls (bein proficient with a diaphram call in wet weather is a big plus when a wet friction call is worthless) & have cover for myself i would not go turkey hunting today. Hope some of all that made sense lol
I figured if it was miserable but i didnt know about a gentle rain . Now i do . :thumb: Thank you !!! Ive never done it . Makes sense what you said !!! Im best at eatin them when i get the offer !!! Lol !!!

What great pictures of the Love Struck Gobblers. I can almost imagine them calling out "LOOK AT ME"
Dave

Back