Low cost scope reticle canted from recoil.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What can I say I go where I want and spend money on what I like. To tell someone what to do with their money is rude don't you think? Just another sourpuss. I will replace with another OhHunt or fix.

So um no warranty i guess? Well you might want to hurry then if you got to buy another. Looks like Amazon is sold out and a replacement will need to ship from Poland or mainland China. So if you got to buy another you are 2/3rds of the way to a Burris with a Forever Warranty. Looks like Ohhunt offers a 2yr warranty on some of their scopes that cost over $100. Might have to ship is back to China though instead of Colorado if it breaks.
https://www.ohhunt.com/collections/...unt-6-24x50-aoeg-scope?variant=39338355261500

Looking back I may have had that scope mounted on a springer air rifle at one point. That may be what contributed to an early failure.

I looked into the burris 4.5 X 14 they are about 190. Maybe an option.

If i were in the market for a Scope, i wouldn’t hesitate on this one :lewis:
Yep that's the one I saw on Amazon for 180. The 6.5 x 20 looks awesome but of course cost more. My eyes are bad. I have trouble shooting 50 yards with iron sights.

I admire those that can send it to 200+ with irons and their god given 20/20 vision.

If for an 30-06 hunting rifle, why not go down to a 3-9 which has lot of options in the $100-$130 range on sale. Companies like Burris, Vortex, Athlon and Sightron all have options and they all stand behind their products. A Burris FFII will run circles around most no name scopes.

I agree with that all I know is muzzleloaders which I primarily shoot are really hard on scopes I would rather blow up or two or $300 scope and a thousand dollar one best scope I've brought the last couple of years cost $80 it's a fix four power scope from a company called stryka it has the clearest glass,, the company is going out of business but they've been liquidating all of their scopes check them out

Recently my rifles reticle has canted. It is hard to say when it actually happened but I know I first noticed it after taking it out to the range out of the case.

I don't know whether it happened while I was shooting last or during the bag while transporting.

I noticed when I push the zoom adjustment past its limit with pressure I can move the Reticle back into the proper position.

On that reticle adjustment there is an Allen key screw. Does that screw lock in the reticle? I have since tightened that screw. I haven't taken it to the range or tried pushing the reticle with the zoom adjustment.

I went online and I looked at a couple of vertical fixes that involved removing a portion of the scope to get to the wire reticle moving it with a toothpick and then gluing it in place. I don't think this is necessary though. I'm not sure how these work but I'm wondering if that screw on the side of the zoom has something to do with holding things in place.

The recoil was from a 30-06. In my collection this is the firearm that I own with the most recoil. The scope itself is an OhHunt 6x24.

View attachment 14417View attachment 14418View attachment 14419
All I can say is you get what you pay for

I have had high-end scopes fail in a spectacular fashion! Try an inexpensive springer air gun scope designed to deal with reverse recoil. Springer air rifles will shake the crosshairs loose in almost any scope unless it is air gun rated.

I think I've mentioned this before my best friend is a cartridge designer on a world class level has patented cartridges adopted by the United States military,, during the years of shooting those cartridges which were predominantly 300 grain bullets and above I watched him shoot every high-end scope on planet Earth most of the high-end scope companies send him scopes for free because they wanted to be a part of the research and development of those cartridges,, there are a couple of those companies I won't mention their name they're highly respected among Target shooters long distance shooters and muzzleloaders he blew out so many of those Scopes from those high-end companies ,, two of those companies he told them don't even send me your Scopes anymore for free I won't even bother putting them on the rifles,,,, oh and by the way Leupold fixed16 held up better than anything else... I have blown up high and Scopes I have blown up low end scopes I'm sticking with the 300 to $500 range from now on if I go full-fledged thousand yard Target yes I'll go back to a high-end scope but only in that application.

I'm sticking with the 300 to $500 range from now on if I go full-fledged thousand yard Target yes I'll go back to a high-end scope but only in that application.
Sure hope you snagged one of them SWFA SS that were on sale.....What a bargain at $200. Fixed power in general hold up better. Even them old 6x Loopies would take a hell of a beating.

I didn't catch the sale,, I do have a pair of the super sniper fix 16s that I've been shooting I'm very happy with them for the money excellent!!

I just bought my first US optics scope this week 3 to 12 first focal plane on sale at Euro optics very impressed with the scope so far. Euro optics was a pleasure to deal with

USO also sells a real high end 10x fixed and man does it look sweet but way out of my price range.

Latest posts

Back