Lower scope mount Knight Littlehorn

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Reaction score
My daughters scope on her Littlehorn sits to high for her to comfortably use. It has the standard Warne 2 piece bases and Leupold QRW low rings. The scope is a Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35. Can any one recommend a ring base combo to get the scope lower?

I would recommend a Beartooth comb raising kit.

Talley makes some pretty good aluminum rings . Rings and base are together . They may fit your needs . I have used Talley’s when trying to build a light weight rig . They seem to work very well . Gunwerks also uses these rings for their custom builds . They are also not that expensive .

there is another 1 piece ring and base set up that I know about called ( Grim Reapers ? ) I think ? I have never used them but several people swear by them

I never knew Talley made the one pice for Knights! I run Talleys in everything non muzzleloader. Talleys website shows them for either the MK-85 or the elite/mountaineer. Which ones would work on the Littlehorn? The lower talleys and that Beartooth thing Herschel recommend together would work!

I don't have a definitive answer, but I would assume the elite/mountaineer. The MK-85 mount would be for a flat top receiver. Talley has excellent customer service, I'm sure they could answer the question quickly.

Warnes lists their bases as all round top Knights and another one for MK85.

Rem541 2 piece is the cross reference

Perfect, thanks guys!

upload_2019-10-27_16-46-29.jpeg

Fixed! Scope is mounted nice and close to the barrel, the talleys lowered the scope at least a half inch and the cheek riser got her cheek up another inch. She says it’s perfect now! Thanks everyone.

I got Talley light weights on my NULA and that rifle has seen some very stiff loads for a 7lber.

Latest posts

Back