Lube or no lube?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
Im getting ready to order lead bullets from GT Bullets. Previously I ordered them with no lube because they will be used with sabots. No lube needed right??? If I ordered them with lube upon firing will the lube make its way to reduce friction between the sabot and the barrel. Would it???? Is that good????? Or would the lube just be additional weight to decrease velocity by a few fps.

Bottom line. Do I order with or without lube?????

Very interested in your opinions.

Im getting ready to order lead bullets from GT Bullets. Previously I ordered them with no lube because they will be used with sabots. No lube needed right??? If I ordered them with lube upon firing will the lube make its way to reduce friction between the sabot and the barrel. Would it???? Is that good????? Or would the lube just be additional weight to decrease velocity by a few fps.

In a word no ,the sabot relaces the need for lube/Ed

Seems I recall one of Doc White's articles recommending lubing the White sabots. But I have never seen a need to do so.

Lube is used to keep little pieces of lead from coming off the bullet and clogging up the rifling in the barrel.
That problem does not exist with sabots.

Latest posts

Back