• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Lyman 57sml target elevation knob

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone that is interested in the target knobs for the Lyman sight. Numrich gun parts has them. I just ordered 2 of them and they appear to be new old stock.
Never thought of Numrich. They used to be a go- to place for small gun parts. Kinda forgot about them.

Also, sent out my .50 barrel to Bob Hoyt. Having him put 1:28 TR in it. Seems like a popular TR for .50s. I just plan on shooting average size projectiles out of it. I have probably $100 worth of store bought Bullets for it. I went through every mass produced projectile trying to find something that shot a better group than a pie plate at 75yds. Not much luck with the stock barrel TR. I know Lewis has had some luck with his cast Bullets. I ordered some from bullshops and they shot the best out of everything. (Probably softball sized group at 50) but then out to 100 they where in about a 10 inch circle. Not good enough for me. So to Bob Hoyt she went. Hopefully I’ll be able to shoot must of the sabots/Powerbelts,Hornady Great Plains, federal boreloks, etc that I’ve accumulated. Shirley something will shoot decent. Also still have 30-40 bullshops Bullets left that I know will shoot decent
Last three shots of the range session today with my newly relined 1:28 tr renegade. Ran out of time to get it fully dialed in, but I’m happy with the 100 yd group (especially for being with a peep sight). My load was 60g, by weight, 777 3f and a 250g Barnes TEZ with supplied sabot. Hopefully get to test it out on a whitetail doe or a black bear next weekend

Attachments

• 12767635-8D3A-4C24-A87A-6D784741FE16.jpeg
    12767635-8D3A-4C24-A87A-6D784741FE16.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 2
Looking Good! Wishing I could still see iron sights.

Back