Lyman and Ideal Mold Descriptions

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Last edited:
Thanks Lewis !! I been lookin at that # 410663 Snover mold . Im wondering how hard it would have to be . Be nice if i could get away with a 40 to 1 lead but i kinda doubt it . I sure like that high bc !!!

Thanks Lewis !! I been lookin at that # 410663 Snover mold . Im wondering how hard it would have to be . Be nice if i could get away with a 40 to 1 lead but i kinda doubt it . I sure like that high bc !!!

I just looked that one up, I would BET on that one being a DANDY in your .410 Mighty Whitey!! Depending on your Exact Bore Diameter? And if the Bullet Dropped at .410 on the Dot? Or a little Bigger (would be better) like .411 or so, if your Bore was a True .410, This Bullet Cast of Say 1-40 Alloy and Dropping at .411 Would be IDEAL, They Would Hold your Bore GOOD N SNUG :lewis:

I just looked that one up, I would BET on that one being a DANDY in your .410 Mighty Whitey!! Depending on your Exact Bore Diameter? And if the Bullet Dropped at .410 on the Dot? Or a little Bigger (would be better) like .411 or so, if your Bore was a True .410, This Bullet Cast of Say 1-40 Alloy and Dropping at .411 Would be IDEAL, They Would Hold your Bore GOOD N SNUG :lewis:

Sounds like an easy remedy can be had if you ask Accurate Molds to duplicate that mold for you??

Sounds like an easy remedy can be had if you ask Accurate Molds to duplicate that mold for you??

Accurate can’t do that Nose profle, his molds HAVE to have that little .018 Meplat, Something about his Tooling? Lathe Bored? Machinery Stuff such as this is WAY OUT of my League :) I think i could point out a Lathe VS a Milling Machine, But that’s about it 😁

4095 is my bore on ole Mighty Whitey . Boy theyd carry a ways with those ones i bet !!! If 40 to 1 would work id get a pin for it too .400 or a bit deeper !!! Maybe even a square one !!!

I am just getting started with this casting stuff I have that 400grain snover mold by Lyman.i hope to cast some good bullets to shoot out of my.410 Super 91

I am just getting started with this casting stuff I have that 400grain snover mold by Lyman.i hope to cast some good bullets to shoot out of my.410 Super 91
They are SHOOTERS !!! That mold may just rope me in on this casting stuff too !!! I bet with 40 to 1 a square pin hp would have it acting alot like a barnes x--bullet for deer . That'll rock a whitetails world big time a Long Ways out there !!! Need not be a huge hole either , maybe max .150" x .400 or so . Bc would still be excellant too . Hey "Hollowpointguy.com"......:thumb:

Last edited:
Holy Smokes Lyman says the bc is .435 !!! WOW !!! I gotta get me one of those #410663 molds !!! Thats 1/3 better bc than what ive been shooting !!! That thing will carry A-ways downrange !!! Thats impressive !!! Web reviews are bannas over this bullet !!!

Holy Smokes Lyman says the bc is .435 !!! WOW !!! I gotta get me one of those #410663 molds !!! Thats 1/3 better bc than what ive been shooting !!! That thing will carry A-ways downrange !!! Thats impressive !!! Web reviews are bannas over this bullet !!!

If i had a .410 White, i would be ALL over that Snover Bullet Mold :lewis:

If i had a .410 White, i would be ALL over that Snover Bullet Mold :lewis:
Ive been looking Lewis !!! Im gonna send it to have a hp pin made for it too so it works like a Barnes x-bullet . Trying to find a used one to keep costs down with having it hp pinned too . That aughta power slam a few nice bucks around here !!! Id bet extend my range a good ways while doing just that too !!! I found those bc 435 figures at 4 am and havent been able to settle down scince !!!!!!! Wow !!!!!!!! Mighty Whitey is gonna be BAD !!!! With a 300 bc i only loose about 200fps over 200 yds now . That Snover should give that 410 QUITE a boost over the flat nosed jobs !!! The ole Super 91 just keeps gettin better and better !!! GOTTA find that mold !!!

Last edited:
http://www.westernbullet.com/ly4gr.htmlIn case you wanted to try a few before you bought the mould
Do you know what mix of lead they use Stacy ?? Ive found a couple places at 20 to 1 or 16 to 1 . Too hard for me . I got no doubt theyll shoot good . BPCR guys with little 40-65's are shooting to 600yds with accuracy and a 16 twist too . That bullet is a top dog in their game if not the best one available from what ive gathered . I just want no harder than 40 to 1 .

Do you know what mix of lead they use Stacy ?? Ive found a couple places at 20 to 1 or 16 to 1 . Too hard for me . I got no doubt theyll shoot good . BPCR guys with little 40-65's are shooting to 600yds with accuracy and a 16 twist too . That bullet is a top dog in their game if not the best one available from what ive gathered . I just want no harder than 40 to 1 .
This can also be sized down to fit a certain 40 sml/ bh209 barrel . Copper coated with copper sulfate(root killer) , a piece of copper pipe , vinegar , and two AA batteries OR just BLL lube and shoot them !!! Two guns 1 bullet . With the square hp like i said id bet i can bridge the gap between hunting and target . How am i doin now ??? This can work .

Last edited:
This can also be sized down to fit a certain 40 sml barrel . Copper coated with copper sulfate , a piece of copper pipe , vinegar , and two AA batteries OR just BLL lube and shoot them !!! Two guns 1 bullet . With the square hp like i said id bet i can bridge the gap between hunting and target . How am i doin now ??? This can work .
Yer scarin me a little with that concoction. Are you talkin bout copper plating a lead bullet? If so, Im in.

Yer scarin me a little with that concoction. Are you talkin bout copper plating a lead bullet? If so, Im in.
Absolutely muzzy !!! Real easy !!!
I gots my pointy professors hat on and the whole show !!! Lol !!! Look it up , its not hard at all . The hell with that stuffy old box !!! Uh oh , i showed my hand a lil bit again didnt i ??? Lol ,.... well its only poker ......

Last edited:
Absolutely muzzy !!! Real easy !!!
I gots my pointy professors hat on and the whole show !!! Lol !!! Look it up , its not hard at all . The hell with that stuffy old box !!! Uh oh , i showed my hand a lil bit again didnt i ??? Lol ,.... well its only poker ......

Good thing Kenny's moved on, he'd be soooooo disappointed!!!!!

I don’t, I just searched the bullet number and that popped up.

Back